X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Form CAPTCHA

I built a contact page using the form wizard and I have two questions
    So far it is working BUT I want to add Captcha to it - I have inserted Captcha from Insert> Form>Captcha - it is completely within the form - but when I check it out on line the area where the letter should be says "click for new image" and there is a little red x there is there something I'm supposed to add in the properties section?
    have deleted it and reinstalled it a couple of times

2nd question - when an email is sent the success page comes up - it is totally blank - is there any way I can add Thank You for your Email or a picture or something to it.
    Ann
    www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
    www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
    www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Re: Adding Form CAPTCHA

Originally posted by asirimarco View Post
    I built a contact page using the form wizard and I have two questions
    So far it is working BUT I want to add Captcha to it - I have inserted Captcha from Insert> Form>Captcha - it is completely within the form - but when I check it out on line the area where the letter should be says "click for new image" and there is a little red x there is there something I'm supposed to add in the properties section?
    have deleted it and reinstalled it a couple of times
    http://www.woodspiritsandleatherartstudio.com/contact.php

2nd question - when an email is sent the success page comes up - it is totally blank - is there any way I can add Thank You for your Email or a picture or something to it.
    Sorry, Ann .... I don't see it on your Contact page online. Sure you published it?? according to the Tutorial ???

Try using the CAPTCHA Icon instead ... making double-sure it is fully within the margins of your FORM as all the other fields and elements so they not only are visible, but function.

You have to manually create your "Success" page as you do any other page, being sure to enter the URL into the FORM PROPERTIES so it can be found.

Try my Contact Form to see how things work (in my Signature).
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

thank you - changed mind not going to use captcha - got success page working another dah on my part..
      Ann
      www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
      www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
      www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Your Contact page is titled "templet"??? Methinks there is more to this story ...

Maybe you are having difficulty publishing things due to all the servers being upgraded. In any case, I surely would not want to see your site vulnerable to hacks or attacks just because there is something of a struggle applying CAPTCHA! Maybe with the new server upgrades you will feel more like downloading/upgrading your BlueVoda, which might somehiow solve things for you in the long run.

You can always email me and we can go thru the process together at your convenience, Ann. That's what friends are for, right?

Comment

You captcha works fine: http://www.woodspiritsandleatherarts...m/captcha1.php

It is always useful, to avoid spam.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
            Why, then, does it not show on her page? Not saving the page properly, or not placed within the Form??

Comment

I believe it has been removed from the page.
              Navaldesign
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

NOW, yes ... but it wasn't even displaying when we were trying to tweak whatever was going wrong. The mention of the option to "refresh" CAPTCHA I have never seen before, even though the RESET button or simply clicking on the code will do the same thing. (Made me think there was another version out there, as in an older copy of BV or something) >> "but when I check it out on line the area where the letter should be says "click for new image" and there is a little red x"
                Probably wasn't IN the Form properly, yes?

Comment

No, the captcha will appear even if outside the form.

There are a number of possible reasons:

1. Not all files had been uploaded (in which case the captcha.php was not on the server so no image was being generated)
                  2. Wrong file permissions (rather improbable as it would still have the wrong permissions)

The Refresh option has always been there since the first time BV added captcha in its tools.

The Reset button does not affect the captcha (it will not get refreshed by clicking Reset)
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
                    The Refresh option has always been there since the first time BV added captcha in its tools.
                    OK .... never seen it in any of mine! For instance: this page, or this one, or even on this page. I have others too ....

Any reason why I don't see what others see?

Comment

If you click on the captcha image in any of the links you posted, you will see that it refreshes.

If it doesn't for you, you have Javascript disabled in your browser (refresh takes place using Javascript)
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                      X