Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forms - Combobox with multiple selections not working - Altrnate solutions?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forms - Combobox with multiple selections not working - Altrnate solutions?

The "contact us" pages in my site work fine using comboboxes with one single selection to choose from. In spite of the help I received from the masters here, comboboxes with multiple selections do not. Also, these comboboxes are not displayed the same way in the different browsers.

The alternate solution could be the visitor can open a special form, either in .pdf or word format, fill it in, and send it back to us, without leaving the site.

Can it be done and how? Please advise.
    Last edited by germansin; 07-18-2011, 05:05 PM. Reason: Typing mistake
    German
    www.alfil-sa.com

Re: Forms - Combobox with multiple selections not working - Altrnate solutions?

You can't fill on PDF forms ON the site.

Why don't the comboboxes work ?

I understand the different look (as, unfortunately, browsers behave differently) but the funcyionality should be the same.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hello Naval

The problem can be seen in the the page:

You sent to me some HTML codes but these are the same as those produced by BV, so the problem keeps existing.

This page was published in the public_html directory.Does it make any difference if the page were in the ABVFP subdirectory?
      German
      www.alfil-sa.com

Comment

Please convert the combobox to listbox, multple selection comboboxes MUST be listboxes.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
          Please convert the combobox to listbox, multple selection comboboxes MUST be listboxes.
          Hi Naval

Please look at the page again.

The comboboxes were now converted to "listboxes". One has the "Allow Multiple Selections" box checked and the other not. Both work the same way.

Unlike the comboboxes with single selection, which expand to show all the possible selections, the listboxes show always only 2 selections. Also, on selecting an additional, second option, the first one is deselected.

What can I do now?
          German
          www.alfil-sa.com

Comment

Page not found.

You can expand the listbox to be high enough (it can display as many lines as you like). Furthermore it displays a vertical scrollbar (if necessary) to allow browsing all selections.

Since I can't see the page, I can't see your page code. However it can NOT be true that selecting an option the others are de-selected, I've been using this for years!
            Navaldesign

Comment

For some reason, even if the page was successfully published, it is not found.
              I have already sent a support ticket and hope to have this unexpected problem solved soonest posible.
              German
              www.alfil-sa.com

Comment

Working...
              X