• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sinatta
    Private First Class

• Sep 2011

Information received by email from the Sent Forms

I have 3 forms included in the site : Contact, Orders and Support, each conducting to the appropiate email: removed@sinatta.com, removed@sinatta.com and removed@sinatta.com.

I make tests writting on the forms and sending them and here is the problem :

After I send the forms, the success page appears, but the received emails always contain the following :

" Values submitted from web site form:"

and nothing more !?!

In the received email, I want to see the information from the related form, which refers to the sender and his desire.

How to settle this matter and receive the emails with the contents of the sent forms included ?

Thank you for your kind support !
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Information received by email from the Sent Forms

A link to the form pages please....

Did you check the "Use built in form processor" checkbox in the Form properties ?
    Is the encoding type "multipart/form-data" ?
    Are the fields part of the form ?

Pls provide links so we can see and help.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• sinatta
      Private First Class

• Sep 2011

All is done as you recommend me, but it is not working. The link is : http://www.sinatta.com/contact_e.php Thank you for you support !

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

ALL fields, exept the reset and submit buttons and the captcha, are outside the form boundaries.

Visually they might look as if they are ON the form, but if you look at the page code, as I did, you will see that they are not.

Solution:

Right click the form and select Move to Back
        At this point, move EACH ONE of the fields, using your mouse, by a pixel or two (alternatively, LOCK the field and then drag it with the mouse - it, won't because it is locked but you will have the desired effect) until you see the form border become blueish (it gets highlighted) which stands to indicate that the specific field has become part of the form.

Repeat for all fields in the desired order.
        Save, Publish, Refresh your browser to test.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• sinatta
          Private First Class

• Sep 2011

Thank you very much for your prompt support !

I proceeded accordingly and now it works fine. Thank you again !

For the next step, what is your recommandation for colecting these data received from the forms into a databases ? What is the best way to go on ?

Sincerely yours,
          sinatta

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Using BV you can store the form data automatically in a database table.
            1. Create a Database in cPanel
            2. Create (in cPanel) a user for the above database (which means you create a username and a password)
            3. ADD this user to the specific database giving him ALL permissions

Back in BV, double click your form and select the Tab "Database"
            Provide the details of the Database, username and password you created incPanel
            Server is localhost
            Provide the table name as you want it (characters only, no symbols or special characters), in example: subscribers

Now the built in form processor will store all form data in the table "subscribers"
            Navaldesign

Comment

• sinatta
              Private First Class

• Sep 2011

Thank you for your reply !

If I'm in BV, open the form in the BV design mode and double click the form, I don't see the Tab "Database".

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

This option is only available in BV 12 (latest version)

However, BV12 is not in a stable version yet, so please be patient for some days for this feature.
                Navaldesign

Comment

• sinatta
                  Private First Class

• Sep 2011

Thank you again for all your prompt and kind support ! If it is possible, could you inform me when is about the time to start with BV12 ?

Sincerely yours,
                  sinatta

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Just follow the Announcements forum
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                    X