• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Butterfly
    Private First Class

• Oct 2011

MySQL Link error in ABVFP, also access to admin area

Hi all,

I thought I had posted this already but it seems to have disappeared.

I recently redesigned part of my website, and now the ABVFP contact form does not work.
    Link: http://www.tamaramcgregorart.com/ABVFP/contactform.html

Error is copied beneath my post.

I already checked if I had accidently posted a webpage to the ABVFP folder, and this WAS the case. I removed it, but am still having the same issue.

I wanted to login to the ABVFP admin area to see if I could fix anything there, but I have lost my username and password. How do I get a reset, and any tips on the error?

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for
    user 'ogiekpez_sorella'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in
    /home/ogiekpez/public_html/ABVFP/dbts_abvfp.php on line

Warning: mysql_close(): supplied argument is not a valid
    MySQL-Link resource in /home/ogiekpez/public_html/ABVFP/dbts_abvfp.php on
    line 41

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers
    already sent by (output started at
    /home/ogiekpez/public_html/ABVFP/dbts_abvfp.php:37) in
    /home/ogiekpez/public_html/ABVFP/dbts_abvfp.php on line 42
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: MySQL Link error in ABVFP, also access to admin area

You can recover your ABVFP username and password connectiong (through FTP) to your account. Browse into the ABVFP folder, find and double click the file dbts_ABVFP_config.php file.

It will open in your Notepad and you will be able to see what your username and password are.

However, the issue has to do with your database permissions. Seems like ABVFP can't connect to the database because for some reason the user is not allowed. I suggest you have a look at your cPanel, Database section, and check if the username and password are correct, and if the specific user is allowed access to the ABVFP database.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Butterfly
      Private First Class

• Oct 2011

Thanks so far!
      I have managed to find the username and password as you suggested, but now am slightly lost.
      When I go to my databases I see the user listed for the ABVFP database, but I have no way to check what the current listed password is, or change it.

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Open again the file and you will find the username and password for the ABVFP database.

Now go in cPanel, select the ABVFP database, and change the password to be the one you got from the ABVFP config file.

Last, make sure to change permissions for this user Alowing ALL Permissions.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Butterfly
          Private First Class

• Oct 2011

Thank you.

It would not accept the password in the file, because "the old password did not match".
          So apparantly somehow that password was changed.

I removed the user and re-created it, and now it works.
          Thanks a million.

Do you have any idea how this could have happened without immediatley thinking of "foul play"?

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

No, I'm sorry, I can't know why or how it was changed.
            Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
            X