• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jofromidaho
    Private

• Jan 2012

contact form not working

I have created a contact form, the success page and the error page. My website is www.spiritbeadsjewelry.com. When I try to test the contact form, I have two problems. First, I am not receiving the email messages. I have checked and rechecked my email address in the form properties and in my control panel email settings. I have the correct address in the form. Secondly, after clicking on the submit button, the 'thank you' comes up no matter what I put into the name and email fields on the form. Even if I leave the fields blank, it goes to the thank you page. Please don't tell me to watch the tutorial. I have watched it many times. I have cleared the cache in my browser. It is a very simple form and I only have one email address. Please. Can you help?
    Thank you.
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: contact form not working

Actually you have TWO forms in your page. One with the name and email fields, and one with the comments textarea and the buttons.
    This is also the reason why validation doesn't work: you have validated name and email fields, which belong to the first form, but you are submitting the second form, so the validation function is not getting into play at all.

Please fix this problem, then test (after refreshing your browser) and post back.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• jofromidaho
      Private

• Jan 2012

I have fixed it so it is one form and the emails are now coming through. The name field gives the error message if it is left blank, but no matter what I put into the email field, it just goes to the success page. Is there a way to set the validation so that it will give an error if the customer email address is not valid? I don't understand what I am supposed to select on the validation tab for the email field.

Comment

• navaldesign
        General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Seems working fine for me. An invalid email address causes an alert "Please enter a valid email address"
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• jofromidaho
          Private

• Jan 2012

Okay. I got two emails from you from TEST@TEST.COM. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X