• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Derek D
    Master Sergeant

• May 2011

Vote Now Form

Hi,
    I’ve created a voters page in forms which I intend using as a template for all other sites that I list on my website.
    Each site that I list will have the option that the viewer can click on “vote now” and then be able to cast a vote or leave a comment on this particular page.
    I would like to know how to configure such a form.
    In the form properties, it seems that I will have to select UTF-8 and the email address will most probably include the visited site’s URL?
    I visited a site , www.hyipexplorer.com and clicked on one of the site’s “vote now” links.
    The page description shows the following http://www.hyipexplorer.com/vote/instabank_7342/
    And the content type as: text/html; charset=UTF-8
    I also notice this strange number in front of their page description ★The Best HYIP - High Yield Investment Programs Rating .............

Can you please help me to create such a form as this successfully?
    What do I need to do?
    Thank you very much for your help!
    Derek D

P.S. the star in front of their page description is actually a number
    Derek
    Hyipshadow.com
  • Derek D
    Master Sergeant

• May 2011

Voting options

Hi,
    Can someone perhaps please help me with this?
    I need to create several vote forms but would like your input as to, how I can differentiate between these forms when I receive the feedback from them.
    Can I perhaps number them somewhere??? and create a list showing the voting option corresponding to the particular number ?
    I thought of using radio buttons, but this simply will not work, because the voting options are much varied.
    I will have to create a form for each voting option.
    Thanks in advance for your help!!
    Derek D
    Derek
    Hyipshadow.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Vote Now Form

As far as using the VotePro script as you describe, your logic is flawed and should be seriously re-drafted to make functional sense and visitor usable.

Also, asking to duplicate such a function as seen on this foreign scripted page is once again reaching far beyond convention.
      It should be obvious that you will not be able to come close to duplicating many of the functions that you so desire using BlueVoda or any one of the free scriupts available from VodaHost.

If you want to do something respectable, consider using Joomla or Mambo as an proper robust CMS foundation, and selecting functionality from the countless Plugin's available.

And ... stop creating duplicate threads in these Forums.
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Derek D
        Master Sergeant

• May 2011

A dropdown form?

Hi everyone.
        Newbie here!!
        I need some advice with this one.
        I will have various voting options on my site.
        If a viewer clicks on a voting link that I have created, can I somehow create a drop-down for this link?
        And in this drop-down, insert a form?
        How do I create this drop-down?
        Or would it be best to rather create a separate web page for each voting option?

If there is a tutorial on this I would appreciate it if someone could please direct me to this tutorial?
        Sorry for what might seem, stupid questions!!
        Best regards
        Derek
        Hyipshadow.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
          And ... stop creating duplicate threads in these Forums.
          Be Careful! Violating Forum Rules is never something that goes ignored ...

Comment

• Derek D
            Master Sergeant

• May 2011

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
            Be Careful! Violating Forum Rules is never something that goes ignored ...
            I am very sorry, It really was not my intention to violate the forum!!
            It's just that, as a newbie I now realize that I might just need a bit more guidance than what I expected!
            I have my website completely designed and just need to add the functionality to it.
            Family members that I showed my website to are very much impressed and simply cannot believe that I was capable of making such a design on my own!
            I'm very sorry for having been such a nuisance!!

Best regards,
            Derek D
            Derek
            Hyipshadow.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by Derek D View Post
              I am very sorry, It really was not my intention to violate the forum!!
              It's just that, as a newbie I now realize that I might just need a bit more guidance than what I expected!
              I have my website completely designed and just need to add the functionality to it.
              Family members that I showed my website to are very much impressed and simply cannot believe that I was capable of making such a design on my own!
              I'm very sorry for having been such a nuisance!!

Best regards,
              Derek D
              Interesting that you have shown others the website you created using BlueVoda, but have not once offered a valid URL when posting to the Forums (as required). Nonetheless, creating duplicate threads and persistent requests for issues that may be resolved with more exploration of earlier Forum threads or the Tutorials is something that you should refrain from in the future as you progress with developing your web-building skillset.

Comment

• Derek D
                Master Sergeant

• May 2011

Once more I extend my apologies!!
                It's just that, nowhere on the posting form is there any provision made for the required URL, neither do I notice anyone placing their URL's in their posts. I am sorry, I never thought it to be necessary.
                I once more re-iterate that I am more than willing to comply with the forum rules!

I really had extensively searched the forum threads and could not find the answer to my problem.
                I therefor thought it suiting to ask for a pointer as to where, in the forums my problem is/was discussed (i.e. form on drop down menu, permissible/not permissible)
                Sincerely,
                Derek D
                Derek
                Hyipshadow.com

Comment

• Derek D
                  Master Sergeant

• May 2011

P.S. I went through the forum rules again.
                  It clearly states the need to place a URL in the posting.
                  No excuse for my ignorance!!
                  I apologize Vasili!!
                  Derek
                  Hyipshadow.com

Comment

Working...
                  X