• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DavidCoyne
    Sergeant

• Jun 2006

Error Message on Form

When web visitors fill in the form on my website page (http://www.b2bcopywriter.net/guide.php) they receive the following error message:

Warning: mail(/var/log/phpmail.log) [function.mail]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
    in /home/dcinzcom/public_html/b2bcopywriter/guide.php on line 80
    Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at
    /home/dcinzcom/public_html/b2bcopywriter/guide.php:80) in
    /home/dcinzcom/public_html/b2bcopywriter/guide.php on line 8

What does this mean and how do I fix it?
    B2B Copywriter
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Error Message on Form

Make sure your "Privacy Assured" page link is OUTSIDE the FORM MARGINS .....
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• DavidCoyne
      Sergeant

• Jun 2006

Re: Error Message on Form

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
      Make sure your "Privacy Assured" page link is OUTSIDE the FORM MARGINS .....
      I did as you suggested, but the error message still occurs.
      B2B Copywriter

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

You will likely need to re-create the FORM in its entirety if after Refreshing the page after updating (you did refresh the page in your browser to allow the new page version to load after re-publishing it, yes?) does not "release" the errant coding.

Common sense, really.

And .... since you have not mentioned it, one can only assume that you have in fact created both a SUCCESS page and an ERROR page as the script requires.
        Originally posted by Vasili View Post
        You do actually need to create, save, and publish a SUCCESS page to fulfill the FORM SCRIPT, you know .... the SUCCESS page does not mysteriously appear by itself! Same goes for an ERROR page, as noted in FORM PROPERTIES .... they are not difficult to create, and simply complete the functional logic.

Here some examples from one of my websites to clearly illustrate the necessity:
        1. A CONTACT Page
        2. A SUCCESS page (seen after successful completion of the FORM)
        3. An ERROR page (seen only if they unsuccessfully complete the FORM as required)

When in doubt, use this "Checklist" to be self-assured the FORM you have created is functional.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X