Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I get emails that are sent from a form to come into my email showing name

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I get emails that are sent from a form to come into my email showing name

How can I get emails that are sent from my form to come into my email showing the sender's name instead of the email address? I had this for a while and don't know why it changed or how to change it back.

I built my form for the Contact Us page using the Form Wizard and it used to send the email to my account with the client's name in the From line. Now it shows the client's email address. The name made it much easier to deal with that email.

My site is couponskenneyc.com. I would appreciate any help. I have read through all the form problems threads and don't see this particular issue addressed. The fact that I had it right before makes me even more frustrated. Can't figure out what I did...and I'm sure it IS something I did. I have made and re-made the form to no avail.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Kenney at couponskenneyc.com

Re: How can I get emails that are sent from a form to come into my email showing name

No, you did not have the Sender's name showing in the header in email processed using the BlueVoda Form .... the only information that shows is the SERVER ID ("sent on behalf of") and whatever text you configure in the MEMO Field of the Form Properties.

If you had email forwarded from Gmail, for instance, you would see the Sender's name in the Header, but forwarded mail is not the same as server-processed.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: How can I get emails that are sent from a form to come into my email showing name

Thank you so much for responding, Vasili.

What I thought was my "correct" form (with the sender's name in the From line) was simply an email sent by the sender using his/her own email and not my form. Now that I know that, I feel better.

You can't believe how much time I spent reading all these posts and how long I tried to get it "fixed". And there was nothing to "fix". But, learning something, anything, is never wasted time.

I do appreciate your help.

Kenney
      couponskenneyc.com

Comment

Working...
      X