• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Hughes
    Staff Sergeant

• Jul 2006

Mailto:

I have included an info submission form on one of my pages, however even after creating a php file and entering the script required and uploading to my public folder using blueftp I cant get the info sent to the requested email adress. On testing, after selecting the submit button I get a blank page with the following message.

<HTML>

Thanks for submitting your details!

I have checked and double checked the form properties and the script that I uploaded and cant seem to get mail.

Please Please Advise
  • nick1346
    Major

• Jan 2006

Re: Mailto:

Whats the form url John?

A couple of things you could qiuckly check on the form properties box have you set the action box to look for your script, for example if you have called your script 'script' then the action box should have 'script.php' entered. Also is the email address of the form you@yoursite.co, I think it has to be in that form an external address doesnt work.

Comment

• Andy128
      Major General

• Dec 2005

John -

Post the url of the form page and also- cut and paste the php code you are using. We will take a look at it.

Andy
      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

• navaldesign
        General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by nick1346
        Whats the form url John?

A couple of things you could qiuckly check on the form properties box have you set the action box to look for your script, for example if you have called your script 'script' then the action box should have 'script.php' entered. Also is the email address of the form you@yoursite.co, I think it has to be in that form an external address doesnt work.
        Thanks to the new settings in VodaHosts's antispam measures (takes into account the number of mails sent) you can (since three months now) send an email ALSO to external email addresses.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• John Hughes
          Staff Sergeant

• Jul 2006

Thanks chaps now got it working, didn't know it had to be a mailto within my bv account. Being and addon domain caused a little confusion too but now sorted. Now going to change the script so my customers can upload a picture file, which I noticed the script already available in this forum. Thanks once again.

Comment

Working...
          X