Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $_Post and Forms - First Time Caller

Hello!

I'm very new at this, but I have spent many hours in these forums over the last week and everyone who posts here is really terrific. Particularly - thank you Navaldesign, Andy128, beegud2 and watadaflip. Really makes the start-up kind of easy.

Here's my question. I have a multi-part form (call it login) that invokes action.php. Action.php validates the form and redirects to page1, page2, page3, etc.

What I would like to do - is to get a piece of data entered on the original form (logon) available to me in page1, 2, etc (after it was already processed by action.php). I have tried to use php code in page1 to get the $_POST just as I did in action.php but it doesn't get anything. I've figured out how to put the data I want onto the URL of my redirected page (for example www.dancingjranch.com\page1?passdata=nnnnn).
    But I can't then figure out how my script can access the data on the backend of the URL.

Did this make sense? and can anyone share an idea? I didn't want to post the whole set of code because it is long and I'm hoping this is a question that is easily understood.

Thanks Mates!

Re: $_Post and Forms - First Time Caller

Hi LIS,

Welcome to BV/VH - I'm not too good with the forms and so here is my easy solution until someone comes and gives you the really good stuff you need...
    Download FORMMAKER PRO program if you haven't dones so already..it makes desisgning all sorts of forms easier....it's in you treasure chest in the forum...submit a ticket to get password to access treasure chest.

Hope that helps a little.
    Beezz
    sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by beegud2
      so here is my easy solution until someone comes and gives you the really good stuff you need...
      Thanks alot beegud. Being this new - I really like easy. I've seen some pretty scary scripts in some of these forums. Thanks for the tip - I will try it right away.

- Lost

Comment

Go into tips and tricks forum and look for naveldesign´s
        tutorial on multipart forms...I think thats exactly what you are looking for.

or look here: http://www.navaldesign.info/Tips/multipageform1.php
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Thanks very much - David. I can't tell you how much I appreciate how friendly folks are in these forums. I will go back and go through that tutorial again looking for my answer - but I think I'm asking a question that goes beyond that tutorial (and maybe the answer is that I need to redesign my site plan)..
          I can already pass data from form1 to form2 to form3 to process script. No problem. After the process script is done - I now am on to another page which (currently) is not a form, but rather is an information page. I want to get data back from form1 all the way down to this new page.
          So maybe the answer is in Navaldesign's work. I will certainly read it again with great attention to detail.
          I really appreciate you taking the time to help a newbie.

Best regards,

- Lost

Comment

Originally posted by LostinSupermarket
            Thanks very much - David. I can't tell you how much I appreciate how friendly folks are in these forums. I will go back and go through that tutorial again looking for my answer - but I think I'm asking a question that goes beyond that tutorial (and maybe the answer is that I need to redesign my site plan)..
            I can already pass data from form1 to form2 to form3 to process script. No problem. After the process script is done - I now am on to another page which (currently) is not a form, but rather is an information page. I want to get data back from form1 all the way down to this new page.
            So maybe the answer is in Navaldesign's work. I will certainly read it again with great attention to detail.
            I really appreciate you taking the time to help a newbie.

Best regards,

- Lost
            Sessions and forms are the only way i know of for passing info through pages(cookies appart, but the user may have cookies disabled) . Now, since i don't know what excactly you want to accomplish, and how you want to present it visually, i can only make one suggestion. Check if you can combine the script with this fourth page, so you will have the info directly available. Otherwise start a session while you are in the first page, and set the necessary variables to be session variables, so they will be passed through the other pages. Session variables are treated the same way as $_POST variables.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Session variables!! Thank you navaldesign. That is what I have been looking for. I don't see too much in the tutorials and postings about those, but I was able to look up some syntax on the php home pages. Great idea sir - and just what I needed. Will let y'all know when I have something worth looking at.

Thx!!

- Lost

Comment

Working...
              X