• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LadyEye
    General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Re: Published- links not working

Originally posted by Leeza
    Hi- thanks for noticing, I just fixed that one. Another very strange thing...I tried to click on aromatherapy from index page and it would NOT come up...said 404 error...how come it comes up sometimes and not others?

And hmmm...I didn't know you could go to my links and see how I set them up???? (sure glad you can tho, whatever magic you're using!!)
    lol Leeza ... here is the trick
    When you click on the link and it takes you to the 404 error page, look up, look way up, and you will see an address written in your address bar of your computer .......... this shows you what is written for the link ... when you look at that ... you will be able to note where your errors are ....

You have lots on your pages that are not correctly done ... you need to go through each page, and each link on that page and look, notice, and correct .... every page, and every link on every page, so you have like 14 links on 14 pages or so, they all need checking, there are broken links everywhere ...

REMEMBER

Save your page by a given name, all small letters, no spaces, and if you do use spaces use _ to connnect them ..... NOTHING ELSE

Publish to public_html

RECALL OR LINK - via http://www.colourtherapyspa.com/NAMEOFPAGE.html

Here is what I am finding on some pages and on others a different url ...

You are now going to be very very busy Leeza, lol ......... but you will get it ... see how much you can correct and we can always look for more!!
    Check all your pages ......

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Missing the www. in front of this link off of your main (index page)

and here too

the www. is missing from this above link when I am on this below page

Looks as though you are getting through alot of your pages though ... you are doing a great job!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• Leeza
        First Lieutenant

• May 2006

http://www.colourtherapyspa.com/sunglasses.html

http://www.colourtherapyspa.com/cds_books_tapes.html

how are these broken? I don't have a clue how you're seeing that mess on the aromatherapy page..I did look way up left and this is what I see...

What is the defin. of "broken" links? I don't see how they are broken but on your computer they obviously are cuz that aromatherapy link is sure wrong!!! ohboy.

Comment

• Leeza
          First Lieutenant

• May 2006

oops I see the www. that one wrong...
          but http://www.colourtherapyspa.com/arom...tial_oils.html

why would this come up ok here and not right like in the above post box? I didn't change a thing. I will diligently deeply with every drop of concentrations look at every link once again..twice, even.

Comment

• Leeza
            First Lieutenant

• May 2006

ok re: above forum post: I copied right from far right corner on website..it SAID aromatherapy_essential_oils.html when I pasted! And changed to delete some letters I noticed when I came back here!!! I need a strong martini, lol. Please don't hate me!!!!

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

We'll do better than that, we'll both have one ... here you go ... you're doing gr88tt!!

Must have named your page differently

same with these ones

http://colourtherapyspa.com/healing_chakra_jewelry.html - missing the www.

name?
              http://www.colourtherapyspa.com/cds_books_tapes.html

how are these broken? I don't have a clue how you're seeing that mess on the aromatherapy page..I did look way up left and this is what I see...

What is the defin. of "broken" links? I don't see how they are broken but on your computer they obviously are cuz that aromatherapy link is sure wrong!!! ohboy.

If I cannot see anything wrong with the link and I continue to get a 404 page, that tells me you have not linked it the same as you have named it.

A broken link simply means one that is not working, one that takes you to the 404 page ....

Drink up!! And go back at it!! lol ....... wish I could help ....

And no, could never get mad at you, you are too sweet of a lady!!
              You're doing great!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

ok re: above forum post: I copied right from far right corner on website..it SAID aromatherapy_essential_oils.html when I pasted! And changed to delete some letters I noticed when I came back here!!! I need a strong martini, lol. Please don't hate me!!!!

Yes, that can happen too .... we can't blame that on the martinis, we haven't had them yet, lol ........ but yes, it happens!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• Bethers
                  Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Howdy

It's just a matter of looking at each page carefully - some of them the page is published correctly but the link to the page is wrong - like with the chakra blends specialty sets - you don't have .html on the end.

BTW, on the aromatherapy page you left off the navigation - not a good idea.

On pages - like sunglasses - where it all looks correct but you're getting the 404 - go into where you have it saved and make sure you don't have a typo or anything extra there.

And the links on this page - when they get too long - they automatically get truncated - but still work (if they work).
                  Beth
                  A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Leeza
                    First Lieutenant

• May 2006

going to sink my teeth into this and get it resolved...and I grew up with people thinking I was a perfectionist. Guess they were wrong lol...

Comment

• Leeza
                      First Lieutenant

• May 2006

ummm Bethers..in my linking page I do have .html on chakra blends...could it be a bad link because it is too long?

Comment

• Bethers
                        Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

ummm Bethers..in my linking page I do have .html on chakra blends...could it be a bad link because it is too long?
                        See this is where you can get in trouble - it's right on the home page - but I was going from page to page - and on the http://www.colourtherapyspa.com/beauty_body_bath.html page (beauty_body_bath in case this gets truncated) - it's wrong.

That's why I put in my navigation all the same on all pages - copy and paste the entire thing - after I know it's all right. (If you do this - make sure you use the page icons to copy and paste - do NOT right click to do it or use it from the drop down menu.)
                        Beth
                        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Leeza
                          First Lieutenant

• May 2006

Originally posted by Bethers
                          See this is where you can get in trouble - it's right on the home page - but I was going from page to page - and on the http://www.colourtherapyspa.com/beauty_body_bath.html page (beauty_body_bath in case this gets truncated) - it's wrong.

That's why I put in my navigation all the same on all pages - copy and paste the entire thing - after I know it's all right. (If you do this - make sure you use the page icons to copy and paste - do NOT right click to do it or use it from the drop down menu.)
                          ummm...^^"put in your navigation the same on all pages"...do you mean e.g. on index page write menu item ,(e.g.) "food" and make sure that on beauty page- and all other pages... it also says (e.g.) "food" exactly? If so, that's something I know I need to work on, I tried lots of times to cc/paste..but sometimes that didn't work page to page...and I punted. So if beauty_body_bath is written as menu item on index page, it should read beauty_body_bath on any other page where it is a menu item...right? Sorry just not familiar with lingo here- "navigation"

And...if it's wrong on some other pages, could that mess up a link say, from the index page even to a page that IS right, as the computer "does its thing" to get to that page? i.e. can it pass an incorrect page in process of reaching proper page and get mixed up because of the incorrect page in the way? Does this question make any sense.

I am, however, still going strong, now in corrections!!! HEEHEE.

Comment

• Leeza
                            First Lieutenant

• May 2006

P.S. to above - once I fix a page and it's corresponding page(s) shouldn't those pages WORK? I swear, I've triple ck'd beauty_body_bath, aromatherapy_essential_oils and chakra_blends_sets....and the links still are not working. My website hates me.

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

P.S. to above - once I fix a page and it's corresponding page(s) shouldn't those pages WORK? I swear, I've triple ck'd beauty_body_bath, aromatherapy_essential_oils and chakra_blends_sets....and the links still are not working. My website hates me.

Yes, if you have fixed and republished them. Two of your above three pages I notice you have fixed and are working.

This one remains not to work http://www.colourtherapyspa.com/arom...tial_oils.html

So for this one, check what you have named, saved and published the page as .... make sure it is the same when you link it

you're getting there ...

and oh my the way, the "Moon Trip" ... yes to the olives, but I was thinking you have already joined the vodaliens, you'll need to sign up, just as soon as you are ready!! :)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• Leeza
                                First Lieutenant

• May 2006

lol ok where do I sign...??

Hey, I'm making PROGRESS! I do see some pages working...others are still a challenge but what a relief to know I'm getting there...why the aromatherapy page won't work I cannot figure out...here's how I've got everything (I cc'd and pasted my links on a word processor, too... to be sure I had them right)

saved file as: aromatherapy essential oils
                                inserted link as: http://www.colourtherapyspa.com/arom...tial_oils.html

linked from aromatherapy page back to index as:

i just can't see my problem! except I notice that in YOUR thread post above, Holly part of the wording in the link has disappeared just as it did earlier in one of my posts. Wonder if this is happening subliminally on the web!

Another thing happening is that on my chakra blends page- that page only- , when I click it from the index page, it shows up BRIEFLY then flips to a page where McAfee says they have my site queed for rating...and that's been going on since yesterday. I have Mcafee as my virus scan but why would it take over my website!!! This ever happen to you?

I've got another few days of this, I'm sure (THEN onto phase 2 optimizing!) But you and Beth have been really helpful, just want you to know I sure do appreciate it!!

(I know, too, I'll be looking forward to that martini tonite by day's end lol!..if only I drank it would be even MORE enticing! ...)

Comment

Working...
                                X