Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Links

Hello there,

I am not sure if this is more on a computer issue or web programming issue. I have a co-worker who is not able to click on any of the links that are on the front page of this site. I have checked on my home/work and no problem. I checked from his computer and the menu bar does acknowledge when you mouse over the link, but it doesn't go anywhere when you click it. Other pages hanging off the index.html that have links does work fine.

Is there something I need to configure with the links on the index.html? Or anything I need to do on the website end. If not, anyone have a clue on how I can fix the problem on his end.

I did ask if he had a firewall - he does, but he has established this site as his fav.. so its not blocking.
    Thanks,
    Stratis

www.holleyjohnson.net
    mailto: stratis.constas@holleyjohnson.net

Re: Problem with Links

I see you are using Flash, he (co-worker) may have to install flash on his computer or try to change browser.
    jahnSELE

Comment

Thanks, I will ask him about the flash, if its loaded. Now, he does use explorer. I am not so sure its the flash, because he is able to access other parts of the website with no problems. I will still ask him about being able to use flash.
      Thanks,
      Stratis

www.holleyjohnson.net

Comment

I do notice that you are using a javascript menu - which can't be read by search engines - and you haven't got anything for alt text on the menu either. Since you are using a basic text menu, you would be better off having text links in their place. And that might solve the problem you friend is having - although I can't see why -
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

I am wondering where to put the alt text. I am using the Menu Bar option that comes with Blue Voda's website builder. Thanks for the input. I will check with him on it.
          Thanks,
          Stratis

www.holleyjohnson.net

Comment

Thanks for the help everyone. It does look like my friend does not have Java running. I gave him different examples with the links and the java links were the only ones that did not work.

If this is the case, then we could be looking at other users doing having the same problem. So, I will work with one of the other options for clicking on urls.

Thanks for the help.
            Thanks,
            Stratis

www.holleyjohnson.net

Comment

Working...
            X