• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mjtenorio
    Sergeant First Class

• Oct 2006

Linking Words

I am trying to link words on my site to other websites. I do not want the blue color and underlined. I tried to change it under the hyperlink/appearance section. But it is not working. Is it possible to change the color and underlining?
    I need a response asap. Thanks!
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Linking Words

In Blue Voda, under FORMAT > Hyperlink Styles you can make the changes you seek, as well as by modifying Page Properties.
    * Be sure that your selected styles match (Page Properties and STYLES), and don't flip-flop between the two.
    In BV Working Pages, all active hyperlinks will show as blue (default), but will appear as chosen in Preview and when published as desired.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• mjtenorio
      Sergeant First Class

• Oct 2006

That's exactly what I did. But it is not working. When I go back and check the hyperlink style It is saved as the correct format. But it's not showing...even when I publish it.

Comment

• mjtenorio
        Sergeant First Class

• Oct 2006

I just figured out the color part. What if I want several different hyperlink words different colors on the same page? I don't see a way to change the underlining.

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Simply ADD a new style.....

It's easiest to do this while actually hyperlinking:
          1. Highlight text
          2. Click Hyperlink icon in BV
          3. When asked to select "style", click EDIT
          4. Click ADD, and modify each mode of your new link, making consistent style of color and effect
          5. When returning to Hyperlink dialog box, you may now Select your new style
          6. Click OK, and you're done

You may even wish to re-highlight your text, and using the Hyperlink icon in BV again, verify that your new style has been applied.....then simply click OK to re-save.

* We do not mind helping peers with challenges, but this is such basic methodology I suggest you re-dedicate yourself to using the Tutorials.
          Watch them repeatedly if necessary, pausing them to even "practice" so you begin to absorb the overall logical processes that are presented to ease your learning curve, and to make later concepts more gradual and understandable.....

Comment

• mjtenorio
            Sergeant First Class

• Oct 2006

It is not that I do not understand the process...As I stated I was doing it correctly. But it is not working. It works when I change it under page properties but not when I do each one individually and I need different colors for different links. But thanks anyway...And yes I did visit the tutorials---If they would have helped I would not have asked here!

Comment

• Bethers
              Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Are you previewing? It will not show up on the BV page in the colors you selected, but will show up when previewed/published.

And did you give each style a different name and make sure that style name was selected for the link in the new color?
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by Bethers
                Are you previewing? It will not show up on the BV page in the colors you selected, but will show up when previewed/published.

And did you give each style a different name and make sure that style name was selected for the link in the new color?
                Already asked and mentioned...never answered.

If the process was followed as outlined, there would be no chance for error.

If the above posts are read a few times without emotional prejudice, I am sure a resolution will emerge.......

doesn't anyone read threads anymore????

Comment

• navaldesign
                  General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

As both Vasili and Beth have mentioned, make sure that when linking the text, you also select, for that particular text, the link STYLE. If you don't you are only defining the style, but you are not actually using it.
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Karen Mac
                    General

• Apr 2006

Vasili,

<SMACK> Patience my friend. Not every one has your level of understanding or comprehension. Assume it was you at the beginning! You didnt understand it all then either!

And consider yourself graced to be MACSMACKED !!! I only smack those I love!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                    02036089024 / United Kingdom
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                    X