linking help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• linking help

Ok I have created 5 pages my home page “index” and four others that will be linked to my index page. I published my “index page” and another linked page “stories” to be linked. I know that my pages can not be linked in BV but my question is once they are published how do I link them there? I have read the problems other have had and are having plus I have watched the video on linking but I still don’t know how or what I’m doing please explain this is my web site

http://www.moonnations.com/

Thanks

Re: linking help

Originally posted by RRaphael
    Ok I have created 5 pages my home page “index” and four others that will be linked to my index page. I published my “index page” and another linked page “stories” to be linked. I know that my pages can not be linked in BV but my question is once they are published how do I link them there? I have read the problems other have had and are having plus I have watched the video on linking but I still don’t know how or what I’m doing please explain this is my web site

http://www.moonnations.com/

Thanks

Hi RRaphael ....... let me see if I can help.

You have successfully built and published your main page (home) saved as index, published as index and found on the internet via your domain name http://www.moonnations.com - excellent

You now have the following pages to build, name, save and publish

stories, native feather, mijita, luna, about me, someone, whos there - This seems to me that this is your menu bar, navigation bar, text links, whatever you like to call it - it is the source that will take you from one page to the other - what we call "Linking your pages together".

To ease in the insertion of all links to all pages this is what I recommend you do .....

Take your index page and open it in your blue voda web builder. For every link that you have (those would be the words I have mentioned above, i.e., stories, native feather, etc.) you will need to highlight each word individually, let's choose stories first - after you have highlighted this word, go to your tools menu and hit insert, then hit link, then type in http://www.moonnations.com/stories.html - then for the next word native feather, highlight the word, go to your tools menu and hit insert, then hit link, then type in http://www.moonnations.com/nativefeather.html

You continue to do this for all of the pages that you are going to build, and by the looks of it, these are the pages that you have along the top, ie., stories, native feather, etc. etc.

Then take that page, and republish that page as your index page ....

Then open that page again, delete everything off that page that is related to your index page only, (clearing this page of everything other than what looks like a template to begin your next page) once you have cleared the index content on this page, save it as template.

Now you will have a template that you will begin each page thereafter on, all your pages will have the same menu and the text links will be there. You simply open this page, insert the content for stories, save as stories, publish as stories, and you will then see from the index page that the stories page is now linked.

Continue to do this for all your pages and everything will be linked together. Every page you make you will open from template, insert it's content for that page, save as that pages name and publish as that pages name - NAME SAVE AND PUBLISH NEEDS TO BE ALL THE SAME FOR ALL THE PAGES YOU WANT LINKED TOGETHER - IF YOU ADD ANOTHER PAGE YOU WOULD HAVE TO ADD ANOTHER LINK TO EVERY PAGE AGAIN - SO PLAY YOUR WORK AND WORK YOUR PLAN

Important - name and save your page with all small letters, no spaces and publish as that only (do not name it with the .html at the end, just the name of the page)

Blue voda automatically inserts the .html at the end of your page when publishing, but you must insert the .html at the end of every link you type into your menu (in other words your menu, is those words, stories, native feather, etc.)

Good Luck ... ask any questions you wish ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: linking help

LadyEye

Thank you kindly, your explanation was very clear with no margin to err.
      Could you please explain to me how to set my page width and page height? On my monitor it was centered but over my friends monitor it was too wide and my hyper links were of different colors, could you help me there as well.

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
      X