How do I create links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I create links

I would like to know how you create a page which a link has put you through to. For example I am making a site about the videos I have of fights betwen Tigers and Lions, also other wild animals. I want to be able to click on a link so that you get put through to another page, and what I want to know is how you get to that other page so you can design it etc?

Dont worry, I know how to set the menu up, just need to know how I get to this other page.

Re: Could someone help please?

You must create hyperlinks, please click the below to learn how to do this...

http://www.vodahost.com/tut_bluevoda.htm

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: How do I create links

I've followed the exact same intructions, but the link is stilll not working.

Comment

Originally posted by Tygra
        I would like to know how you create a page which a link has put you through to. For example I am making a site about the videos I have of fights betwen Tigers and Lions, also other wild animals. I want to be able to click on a link so that you get put through to another page, and what I want to know is how you get to that other page so you can design it etc?

Dont worry, I know how to set the menu up, just need to know how I get to this other page.
        Hi Tygra... you say that you want to know how you get to that other page so you can design it?
        I think you are creating a link to a page that doesn't exist.
        You have to design the other page first. You can bring up a blank page and save it with the name that you want (make sure this name matches your link you created) design and publish the page and then try your link. You can go back and build your page after that.
        Naturally Yours,
        Dori
        www.earthelixirs.com
        www.earthelixirsinc.com
        www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
        www.virtualdesigndiva.com
        www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com

Comment

Hi Dori, thanks for all your help. I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say about saving the page the same as the link you create, because I tried that and it came up the file name is invalid.

Comment

Let me try this again...
            You have two pages, one is where you have your text that you are making a hyperlink out of, right? Your second page is where the customer will end up when they click the hyperlink you made on your first page. For the hyperlink to work, it needs to be linked to the second page using the exact file name of the second and both pages need to be published. Does that help?
            If you put your url in this thread we can take a look and see if we can help.
            Naturally Yours,
            Dori
            www.earthelixirs.com
            www.earthelixirsinc.com

Comment

Sorry Dori.... I tried saving the second page with the exact same name as the first one, but it said it already exists and do I want to replace it.

Here is my URL....

www.interspeciesconflictvideos.com

Comment

Tygra,
                Don't save the second page with the same name as the first page. You need to save the page with a new name which should be the same name that you directed your hyperlink to. Sorry for the misunderstanding...
                Check your hyperlink - what url did you link to? That is the name you should call your second page. I am going to check your site now.
                Naturally Yours,
                Dori
                www.earthelixirs.com
                www.earthelixirsinc.com

Comment

I can't see your home page. Did you save it as index and publish it?
                  Naturally Yours,
                  Dori
                  www.earthelixirs.com
                  www.earthelixirsinc.com

Comment

Dori, I linked the second page to the name of..

www.interspeciesconflictvideos.com/tigervslion.html

Dont know if I am getting wrong, but I told you I tried saving the second page with the name of the hyperlink, but it said it was an invalid file name.

Comment

Dori, are you still there? I have published my site, will you take a look at it for me please?

Comment

Hi want to try again -
                        1. open your first page and go to "file">"save page as" and type in "index" just index, no quotes no caps
                        2. publish that page
                        3 open your second page go to "file" >"save page as" and type in the name of your second page - no caps, no spaces, no quotes just the name "tigervslion" and publish
                        4 go back to first page type in your URL " http://www.interspeciesconflictvideo...gervslion.html "
                        5 publish first page again
                        hopefully it will work (be sure and check the spelling it has to be exact)
                        Ann
                        www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
                        www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
                        www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

It works, thankyou so much for your help. Could you please tell me though how you edit the page which you published?

Thanks again.

Comment

just open it "file">"open page" then click on it to open it and make any changes you want save page and then republish it - the changes will be made on the web (sometimes it takes a while for the changes to be seen on the web if they don't show right up press the cvontrol key and the F5 key to clear your cache
                            Ann
                            www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
                            www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
                            www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Working...
                            X