• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sweatie Pie
    Private

• Oct 2006

Assistance Required Hyperlinks

Good day Everyone,

This is my first attempt in doing a website. I have a few problems and I don't know how to solve it.
    1. My hyperlinks do not want to work. They work on my index page, but on the rest of the other pages, they don't want to work. An error page keeps on displaying: "This page cannot be displayed" All the links in the go to box is in small letters, no spaces they way they are supposed to be.
    2. The other problem is on my "talk2me and sharing pages", the php does not work. I am not very clued up in php and did what the tutorial tells me. When i click on submit, nothing happens, and nothing gets emailed to me.
    3. With my order form, that page gets submitted to me, but none of the required information is there. When the page is submitted to me from the site to my email it has this message: "Values submitted from Order form: "(and it is all blank)
    Please look at my site and let me know if there is anything else that can help me make a successful site?!

Abz
  • bobs-pcmall
    Staff Sergeant

• Dec 2006

Re: Help Required Please!!

on Your summit drop down list you have your www sitename . com link twice and then page link.. Looked at your souce code but really didn't see why it was giving you the double url to your site.
    Bob the Builder
    www.bobs-pcmall.com
    Without Data, you're just another opinion.

Comment

• jolie
      Sergeant

• Aug 2006

Hi!

I checked your website. You have not named the links correctly. Some pages are html and some are php. You need to pay attention and copy the same link as it is in the home page. Second watch the browser , when you get the 404 error. Some of the pages are named twice for eg http://www.abbiescookingkitchen.com/...okingtips.html

You will get an error in such cases. Do take some time. write down the links as they appear in the home page and then copy them carefully in the other pages.

All the best. Otherwise your site looks very nice, with pretty pictures and conveys a warm feeling. The same feeling when you have some good cooking going on.

Jolie
      http://www.signiphy.com

http://www.eecalc.com

Comment

• Sweatie Pie
        Private

• Oct 2006

Good day Everyone,

This is my first attempt in doing a website. I have a few problems and I don't know how to solve it.
        1. My hyperlinks do not want to work. They work on my index page, but on the rest of the other pages, they don't want to work. An error page keeps on displaying: "This page cannot be displayed" All the links in the go to box is in small letters, no spaces they way they are supposed to be.
        2. The other problem is on my "talk2me and sharing pages", the php does not work. I am not very clued up in php and did what the tutorial tells me. When i click on submit, nothing happens, and nothing gets emailed to me.
        3. With my order form, that page gets submitted to me, but none of the required information is there. When the page is submitted to me from the site to my email it has this message: "Values submitted from Order form: "(and it is all blank)
        Please look at my site and let me know if there is anything else that can help me make a successful site?!

Abz

Comment

• Sweatie Pie
          Private

• Oct 2006

Thank you so much, I think no 1 my be solved, but I still require help with no 2 and 3 PLEASE! :)

Comment

• LadyEye
            General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Hi Sweatie Pie

I would suggest you post your problem regarding your contact form in the php section of this forum, you will probably receive a quicker response there ....

I notice alot of your pages are opening new pages when clicking on links ... you don't want this, you will need to check your links and have the target set to either _self or just leave it empty ...

You have several links that are not working for one reason or another ...
            Things like this are showing up

and you can see this has your url repeated, that won't work

(This is the reason your links are not working on your php pages)

You'll need to review all your links to be sure you have them inserted correctly, do this at the same time that you are re-setting their target ..

Some of your photos are 550 kbs .... too too large for any page ....
            you should consider resizing your pics and bring them down to around 20 kbs or so instead. There are plenty posts around for pix resizer or on line image optimizers ... this will help load your page and your pictures much quicker for viewers.

You have a very good start and alot of pages, you just need to find your errors and everything should work well for you ....

Consider centering your pages but ticking center in browser on your page properties for each as well....

Good Luck

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Windameer Farm
              Captain

• Dec 2006

I made a quick drop down hyperlink and put in 2 of your links and they worked. Take a look in the properties of the drop down and click a line press edit and make sure you have name and the link in it and the link had HTML after it. i suggest you set it to self for target that will turn the page instead of opening a new browser
              1. The other problem is on my "talk2me and sharing pages", the php does not work. I am not very clued up in php and did what the tutorial tells me. When i click on submit, nothing happens, and nothing gets emailed to me.
              I don't know about this all i have done is set up and e-mail link.
              1. With my order form, that page gets submitted to me, but none of the required information is there. When the page is submitted to me from the site to my email it has this message: "Values submitted from Order form: "(and it is all blank)
              Sorry Don't know about this one eather ii did a pay pal shoping cart.
              Jolen
              www.advertise.windameer.com - Add a Banner for your site or sites for free.

www.windameersfleamarket4u.com - Buy Sell Trade with Windameer's Flea Market 4U ( 1 Year Free for BV sites)

www.windameer.com - Come see our Angora Goats.

Comment

• navaldesign
                General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Sorry to say, but your forms are all setup wrong. Please read again the tutorial on forms, or have someone to fix them for you.
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• VodaHost
                  General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

Also please do not use funky fonts and colors when asking for help, it makes reading what you wrote very difficult.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                  X