How to link from one page to a specific item on another

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to link from one page to a specific item on another

I apologise if the answer to the following is listed elsewhere. I did look in advance of posting this...honestly I did!

I've grasped the concept of linking from one page to another ok. But what isn't clear to me is how to link from one page to a specific item/area of another page, the idea is to direct the viewer immediately to the item they clicked on.

My example is www.tiamats.co.uk/aboutvelsha.html - this page has several items linked to the appropriate page, but only to the top of the page, not the specific item highlighted, which means viewers may think the link is incorrect because they don't always scroll down to check, for instance this page here has a few items www.tiamats.co.uk/colourworks-products-books-cards-extras.html
    (Please excuse longwinded page title, as the site evolves and my confidence increases, this will be remedied.
    Thanks in advance.
    Mac
    www.tiamats.co.uk

Re: How to link from one page to a specific item on another

The only way that I can see this working is to have a list of your items somewhere at the head of the page that you have linked to, and use the go to bookmark technique...........
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Re: How to link from one page to a specific item on another

Many thanks David, for responding.

Hmm yes. Perhaps I need to do a bit of redesigning of certain pages that contain several products to try this bookmark option since no one else has come up with an alternative solution.

I can see detailed instructions to follow in the forum here on how to work with bookmarks.
      www.tiamats.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X