• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shayanjr
    Private First Class

• Feb 2007

Linking Pages Together

I have followed all the instructions for linking my pages together but still cant access any of the pages from the home page. Please, I need urgent help with this problem.

By moneytreehouse
  • Fred Sheriff
    Private

• Mar 2007

Re: Linking Pages Together

sorry Moneytreehouse I've not got the answer because I'm having the same problem - I hope someone out there has got the answer.

I've designed my home page and also page 2 just to make sure I can link them, but the hyperlink button is ' dead ' all the time so I cannot make a link, has anyone the answer- is Voda Host listening &/or reading these messages. ??????????

Comment

• racefan20
      Major General

• Jul 2005

Originally posted by Fred Sheriff
      sorry Moneytreehouse I've not got the answer because I'm having the same problem - I hope someone out there has got the answer.

I've designed my home page and also page 2 just to make sure I can link them, but the hyperlink button is ' dead ' all the time so I cannot make a link, has anyone the answer- is Voda Host listening &/or reading these messages. ??????????
      My NASCAR Forum

Comment

• shayanjr
        Private First Class

• Feb 2007

Thanks Fred Sheriff for your reply. Maybe someone out there can help us and like you mentioned. I hope Voda Host is watching. Help smoebody, anybody.

Comment

• larazovich
          General

• Jul 2006

Originally posted by shayanjr
          Thanks Fred Sheriff for your reply. Maybe someone out there can help us and like you mentioned. I hope Voda Host is watching. Help smoebody, anybody.
          read the post directly before yours - that tutorial will tell you exactly how to do what you want to do
          Liz
          www.sebastopolparty.com
          www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

• dive daisy
            Sergeant

• Mar 2007

Hi there!
            I'm having the same problem, and I've watched the above tutorial. I'm using drop down menu and have given names and URLs to each page. I've published my Home page (correctly as /index.html) and a sub page www.bulgariaextreme.com/locations/sofia/cityhistory.html won't come up. This tutorial seems to show how to link either an pbject of piece of text - not a whole page! Am I missing something simple here?

Thanks again
            thanks for all your help!

Dive Daisy

Comment

• LadyEye
              General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by dive daisy
              Hi there!
              I'm having the same problem, and I've watched the above tutorial. I'm using drop down menu and have given names and URLs to each page. I've published my Home page (correctly as /index.html) and a sub page www.bulgariaextreme.com/locations/sofia/cityhistory.html won't come up. This tutorial seems to show how to link either an pbject of piece of text - not a whole page! Am I missing something simple here?

Thanks again
              Hi Dive Daisy ...

It appears you are trying to publish to sub-directories that perhaps you have not created or are not adding to public_html when you publish.

Once you separate the words in the url with the use of / this then would get published to a sub-folder (locations) and a subfolder of this (sofia) all within the public_html directory ...

So unless you want to add those folders and then publish to public_html/locations/sofia then that url will not work ...

You might be better naming your page sofiacityhistory and publishing to public_html and then the url would be www.bulgariaextreme.com/sofiacityhistory.html

Hope this helps and you understand ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• dive daisy
                Sergeant

• Mar 2007

Thanks Lady Eye.

I had tried sofiacityhistory and it didn't work. I could access the page and click backwards to my home page but couldn't return the same way. Also what is public_html, and how do I publish to it?? Is it a fancy way of saying my site?

Also so far I have published (to my public_html or not I'm not yet sure!) to www.bulgariaextreme.com my home page (/index.html) and only my City History (/locations/sofia/cityhistory.html). So, if I understand you correctly, I need to publish two 'blank' pages (ie /locations.html and /locations/sofia.html) in order to get the city history page to open. Can these be published without the ability to be opened? - cos there won't be any info on them.

Thanks!

Dive Daisy

Comment

• dive daisy
                  Sergeant

• Mar 2007

Hi Lady Eye.

After my last posting I had a good think... and I had one of those fantastic 'Eureka' moments!! I went into my dropdown menu 'map' and erased all the URL links to pages that don't exist. So /locations.html and /locations/sofia.html no longer are with us - gone off to cyber heaven! I have plain olde /sofiacityhistory.html and guess what - IT WORKED BEAUTIFULLY!!!!

Since then I've been on a roll and now have /banskotownhistory.html published too!! This is really great...but only once I get my head around it all! Up until then it can be soooo infuriating!

Thank you for all your help - and I've also noticed the public_html folder too - when I go to publish it all!

At least I can sleep easi tonight!

Dive Daisy

Dive Daisy

Comment

• LadyEye
                    General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Well Daisy, that is extremely good news .... A high five for you ....

You are very welcome and I am glad you now have a better understanding of the process and all those fancy words eh!! lol

You have a great sleep!! Wake up and go at it again!!

Good for you!!

Congrats!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                    02036089024 / United Kingdom
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                    X