• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimchicago
    Major

• Aug 2006

Initial Text in Jump Menu

Hi . . . just created a new page for a new site I'm building. The page includes a jump menu (that is, a Go menu without the Go button) in which the initial text says, "Executive Team." When the dropdown triangle is clicked, I don't want "Executive Team" to be one of the options that drops down--I just want the executives' names to appear. How can I do that? Thanks
  • racefan20
    Major General

• Jul 2005

Re: Initial Text in Jump Menu

It will show up when the menu is selected, but it's not an option, it's just the header for the form. You can probably work around it with some clever graphics work.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

• jimchicago
      Major

• Aug 2006

Right, it's not a major problem, and I don't mind that the initial text remains when the dropdown triangle is clicked, but I just wish "Executive Team" wouldn't drop down above the first exec name in the list. I don't know of any workarounds to make it go away.

Comment

• navaldesign
        General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

A simple walk around would be to make the initial text field blank, and then place the text "Executive Team" OVER the initial form shape (i.e. when it is closed). However, this creates another problem: to expand the form (in order to select the actual executive) will only work by clicking on the arrow.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X