• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teddybear
    Sergeant

• Sep 2006

Navigation bar question

Hi everyone.

Im in the process of updating my photography website and rather than use the chunky BlueVoda navigation bars I'd like to use text that when clicked on can move someone from one page to another (ie about, news, gallery, prices etc).

I know this can be done by hyperlinking the word but this will change it from the colour I want to blue with an underline. Is there a way I can do this without compromising the layout of my site? I would be happy to create navigation bars from shapes and hyperlink them but I can't see a way where I can add text on top of it.

Can anyone out there offer some help?

teddybear
  • larazovich
    General

• Jul 2006

Re: Navigation bar question

Originally posted by teddybear
    Hi everyone.

Im in the process of updating my photography website and rather than use the chunky BlueVoda navigation bars I'd like to use text that when clicked on can move someone from one page to another (ie about, news, gallery, prices etc).

I know this can be done by hyperlinking the word but this will change it from the colour I want to blue with an underline. Is there a way I can do this without compromising the layout of my site? I would be happy to create navigation bars from shapes and hyperlink them but I can't see a way where I can add text on top of it.

Can anyone out there offer some help?

teddybear
    When you do a text hyperlink there is an editing function that will allow you to set the appearance of the text to whatever color you want, underlined or not.
    Also, you can create whatever pictures or shapes you want, with whatever text you like on it, but you must do that in a graphics program - I use paint.net, shich is free and has lots of good features. You save your created button as a jpeg or gif and link that.

Or, you can make a button with no text, and save it to your programs - bluevoda folder-nav bar folder. If you do that, you will be able to select it as a button from the nave bar selection and insert your text there.

Hope I made sense here..

good luck.
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

• LadyEye
      General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Re: Navigation bar question

The addition of the tool, "Text Menu" in the newest version of BV9 is really easy to use ... and like Liz says offers you all the styles and functions that you want to be able to do with using a text menu ...

It's located near the bottom left side of your toolbar in the web builder, Blue Voda ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
      X