Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Wanted

Good morning Voda friends,

At the risk of sounding pathetic............

I am unable to find the errors that exist in my navigation. Several of my pages are not publishing correctly and are not linking correctly.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Here are the problem pages:

http://www.vickswickscandles.com/votives.html

http://www.vickswickscandles.com/fragrancelist.html
    Vicki

www.staceygoldendesigns.net

Re: Help Wanted

Vicki I see the votives page jsut fine, but not the other one.
    Did you double check the spelling of the page name when you saved and published it?
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Yea, Liz to the rescue!

The votives page you are seeing is a previous draft. (Not the current one using the logo maker)

I tried doing what you said and checked my spelling again. My page names had spaces between words, so I eliminated them.

Would you have another look for me? Thanks so much Liz.

www.vickswickscandles.com
      Vicki

Comment

Wahoo they all work!
        Loookkkiinnnggg goooooddd..
        Liz
        www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

You're the best, my friend.

Now back to see why the revised Wholesale page is not publishing.

Thank you Liz!
          Vicki

Comment

Glad that worked. Hey did you do that no cache thing to all of your pages?
            http://clicks.aweber.com/z/ct/?.F9NosdkVia.QwTguZg04A
            good time to do it now while you are in the creation stages. then the caching is all taken care of..
            Liz
            www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

ALmost forgot, remember when I was taling about maybe showing the candle making process - here is an wxample of what I mean - THis is from a page from a iron sculptor I know of:
              http://susandrasculpts.com/process.htm
              It is really interesting, as I bet your process is...
              Liz
              www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

Yikes...I will do the "no cache" thing to my pages. Thanks pal. You're the best!

Oh man...Susandra's work is awesome. Wouldn't I love to try that!! Wonder if she does candle holders...mental note to check into that.

I spoke to my son's girlfriend, she's a talented photographer. We are going to put our heads together and see what we come up with. Need to change some of my product pics as well.

Thanks so much for your awesome advise, Liz!
                Vicki

Comment

Originally posted by Patience
                  Yikes...I will do the "no cache" thing to my pages. Thanks pal. You're the best!

Oh man...Susandra's work is awesome. Wouldn't I love to try that!! Wonder if she does candle holders...mental note to check into that.

I spoke to my son's girlfriend, she's a talented photographer. We are going to put our heads together and see what we come up with. Need to change some of my product pics as well.

Thanks so much for your awesome advise, Liz!
                  You're quite welcome.
                  Yep, Susandra does beautiful work. Her stuff is some of the featured garden sculpture in a nursery for which I am building a site - that's how I found her.
                  I don't know if she does candle holders or not..
                  Hey another thing I was thinking - your email address is way at the bottom, and unless you scroll there - - have you thought about a contactus page with a form? They're not so hard to make..
                  I made one for the nursery site and it looks real nice, has a place for comments, questions, etc, and goes right to wherever you want it to go. And you leave the email address, too, in case people don't like filling out forms..
                  Site is looking great, Vicki
                  SOme of the fragrence titles make me hungry..LOL
                  Liz
                  www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

Completing Contact info is at the top of my list, right after squaring away my email account. Then on to a shopping cart.

Don't want to use my y-hoo acct. Need to put in some time figuring it out. Ooops, here comes that snail again.

How is your nursery site coming along? And thanks again for your excellent suggestions.
                    Vicki

Comment

Originally posted by Patience
                      Completing Contact info is at the top of my list, right after squaring away my email account. Then on to a shopping cart.

Don't want to use my y-hoo acct. Need to put in some time figuring it out. Ooops, here comes that snail again.

How is your nursery site coming along? And thanks again for your excellent suggestions.
                      Setting up email accts to your domain is easy-peasy. THen you can set forwarders to whatever account you want, yhoo or wherever. I'd set up a seperate y'hoo though 'cause ya get a bit o'spam. not a lot, but I hear some folks get inundated.
                      Site is coming along. Want a preview? I'll email you a link at your y-hoo email..I haven't put it up for review yet.. I will soon.
                      I set up a form on this site for contact, and it works a treat, forwards right to owner's email, very cool.
                      Lots of details to do still. Some of the pages are pretty minimal, but I wanted to get something in all of them, then make them denser..
                      Just takes time, that's all.
                      Liz
                      www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

Ooh ooh....can't wait to see it!
                        Vicki

Comment

Working...