Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• text link spacing is incorrect...

Hope someone can help with this?!

I have inserted some text links on my "activities" page. On my new computer , using Windows XP, the page looks okay (the online version, I mean)
    I also use my older laptop, which is Windows ME, when I see the website (online), the text links are completely off in terms of spacing (they appear one to three lines lower than where I put them)
    I've also noticed that text that I put within shapes (transparent with borders) is spaced incorrectly (on my "accomodations" page). This again, is only with the older laptop system.

How do I fix that, etc?
    and, vis a vis that - is it a good idea to preview everything in different systems and how do I do that?

Thanks in advance for help!
    ps. my website is maravillamountain.com
    www.MaravillaMountain.com

Re: text link spacing is incorrect...

It is most likely caused by different versions of IE. Your older laptop is probably using IE 5, and your newer computer is probably using IE 6 or 7.

There isn't anything you can do to fix it so it looks the same on both computers. Different web browsers (and different versions of the same type) can vary a little in how they display a webpage. All the newer browsers are pretty close to the same, but there are differences. I wouldn't worry about getting your webpage to look correct on your laptop, a very small percent of internet users are still using older versions of IE, so I just wouldn't worry about it. You mainly have to worry abouth ow your website looks on IE 6 or later, and FireFox. If it works well on both of those then its working well on about 95% of the users.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

You can edit your preview in browser list in Blue voda ...

go to preview, choose edit, choose add, browse through you computer to program files (C/program files) find IE or FF whatever one you are looking for or as many browsers as you have, add them to the list ...
      tweak between both these browsers and you should be fine like Watdaflip says ...

Also be careful to only use webfriendly fonts, using a font that is not installed on everyones computer will cause their browser to revert to their default font, which in turn can throw things off ...

For a list of webfriendly fonts, do a google search ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

HI, THANKS both of you, sounds good...
        Now, about the browser preview, how do I put more browsers on my computer, because I only have the one it came with...
        I'll be looking for free internet downloads, is that the right thing to do?
        www.MaravillaMountain.com

Comment

Hi, Fire fox & opera are the one’s a lot of users use. But IE & FF are about the most important ones these days. (at the mo)

Download the Opera browser for computer, phone, and tablet. Opera for Mac, Windows, Linux, Android, iOS. Free VPN, Ad blocker, built-in messengers.

Good luck.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
          X