• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • donprofit
    Second Lieutenant

• Jun 2007

Help with linking

How do I put a link back to my web page from a classified ad? The tool bar that is showing when I put the ad on doesn't have any indication there is a link in like this thread box does along with all the pages in BV.

donprofit profitinforeclosures.com
    RENT TO OWN A Home With No Qualifying FREE Manual Shows You How. Buy With A Lease Option
  • donprofit
    Second Lieutenant

• Jun 2007

Re: Help with linking

Yesterday I asked about linking from a classified ad to my BV web site and didn't get a reply. Probably no one understood what I was asking. I'll try to explain in a different way.
    I'm giving away a free report and advertising it on various free classified ad sites. I've typed my ad on MSWord and cut and paste it into the ad. The link I set up on Word works fine but doesn't translate over to the ad.
    The tool bar that appears when I'm typing the ad doesn't have a link button (like BV). How do I make my link work in the ad? Hopefully someone can figure out what I'm asking, or will question me to figure out what I'm trying to do, and be able to help me.
    Thanks,
    Don
    RENT TO OWN A Home With No Qualifying FREE Manual Shows You How. Buy With A Lease Option

Comment

• Bethers
      Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Don,
      If you want to send me your ad - to any email address in any of my signature sites - I'd be happy to look at it to answer this. Most likely it's simply adding the link in an html statement.

BTW - using MSWord can be dangerous - as it is not an html editor. Be very careful in copying and pasting directly from it.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

• donprofit
        Second Lieutenant

• Jun 2007

Beth,
        I'd like to send you my ad but I can't come up with your email.
        What would be a better place to write my ads than MSWord?
        I want to link to my site profitinforeclosures.com on BV, how would I do that?
        Don

Comment

• Bethers

• Feb 2006

all my stores have email addresses in the contact info - but take out the extra space here and you can email me:
          beth @ moxie-enter-prises.com

And you can write in MSWord - but then rewrite in notepad or an html editor - so that you don't copy and paste code you don't want from MSWord (in other words, copy it into notepad or any html editor - then make changes if necessary - THEN copy it to the website).
          Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

• donprofit
            Second Lieutenant

• Jun 2007

I still don't have an answer to my question of how do I link back to my BV website from a classified ad when there is no link icon in the tool bar. Surely someone has a simple solution for me. I know you think it's a dumb question but humor me as I'm not very knowledgible on computers.
            Thanks,
            Don

Comment

• Bethers

• Feb 2006

You need to write the link into the ad in html as an a href statement - so when you give someone the image to place your ad - or you write a text ad - you need to include the link - in a text ad - you would take your name and write it this way:
              <a href="http://www.yourwebsite.com">Link Text</a>
              Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

• donprofit
                Second Lieutenant

• Jun 2007

When you put the html in the ad does it stay there so readers can see it? How do you trigger the link? I got it figured out when there is a link button.
                Don

Comment

• Dream Lady
                  Major General

• Feb 2006

Don: You might want to visit THIS SITE for some basic html help. It will help explain what Beth is saying above. I have found it teaches a little html like how to link text, so that even I can understand it.

Hope this helps.
                  Cindy Smentowski

Comment

• donprofit
                    Second Lieutenant

• Jun 2007

Dream Lady,

Thank you for the site. I went there and it looks good. I still have the stupid questions. When html is put in a document to make a link does it stay there where the reader can see it? Does the html activate itself or does it have to be activated somehow? Answer these two questions and I'll be happy.

Thanks,
                    Don

Comment

• Andy128
                      Major General

• Dec 2005

Don-
                      It will depend on the site if they allow links. Like this forum has a hyperlink icon that allows a link set up.

There is no code that will automatically- in every instance - set up a link that if someone clicks on it- will take them to your site.

Andy
                      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

• Bethers

• Feb 2006

Don,
                        You are asking the same questions here that you asked me and I answered via email.

Andy, what do you mean there is no code that will in every instance set up a link to make it clickable. Sure there is - that's why we write the codes. Now, some sites might not allow links at all - in which case they remove the code. Sp you might mean that.

Cindy,
                        I gave him w3 schools via email yesterday - glad he's finally looking there.
                        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Andy128
                          Major General

• Dec 2005

Beth-
                          Yup- thats what I meant, or at least what I interpreted Don's post to mean. For example- the below code placed in this forum does not create a link (which I believe is what Don was trying to do). And therefore- although the code is correct, in this instance, it will not link.

<a href="http://www.netisopen.com">Link<a/>

Andy
                          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

• donprofit
                            Second Lieutenant

• Jun 2007

I don't know what to think now. I ran a test on my website using 4 different link setups. I used the link button, html box, cut & paste from notepad using Beth's html and a typed one using her html again (everywhere I looked hers was correct). The results were: the link button & html box worked perfect and the other 2 didn't. Obviously I'm missing something here.
                            If it helps my web site is profitinforeclosures.com. The test page is still on there.

Comment

• Andy128
                              Major General

• Dec 2005

Ok- exactly what is your question?

The manner in which you did links #2 and #4 on the test page work.

Andy
                              PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Working...
                              X