• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • donprofit
    Second Lieutenant

• Jun 2007

Re: Help with linking

Hi Garren,

I've pretty well forgotten putting an ad on any specific ad site. Right now I'm just trying to figure out how to make a link using html from a text I've written on notepad. I thought I'd go back to basics and try to make it work on my web site. I know that the link button and html box are the way to go when putting a link on a website but what do you do when there aren't available.
    What I'm attempting to do is learn enough about html to be able to make a link at least work somewhere using just html. From what I'm being told is that it won't work the way I'm trying to do it.
    I know it works somehow and I'm just trying to find out how to do it. If you have any ideas on how to teach a dummy like me how to do it or why it won't work.

Thanks,
    Don
    RENT TO OWN A Home With No Qualifying FREE Manual Shows You How. Buy With A Lease Option

Comment

• Bethers
      Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Don,
      What is it that Andy and I are both telling you that you don't understand?

BV ALREADY has it's own coding - which means you HAVE to use their tools to use their text boxes.

If you want to do YOUR OWN CODING - YOU MUST USE THE HTML box to add that text. You told me you did it and it worked. You cannot mix the two methods.

Notepad has NOTHING to do with it in this sense - it's just where to WRITE the code so that nothing is added you don't want (which can happen using something like word. If you took the code I gave you and copied and pasted it to notepad - it wouldn't look any different or do anything different - therefore, it would be good code to be copied and pasted into the html box (or anywhere that you can use html) for the web. If you took that same code and put it into word, then copied and pasted it - you might get some extra stuff that would then make it not work properly. The only reason you were told to use notepad is to keep the code clean.

As to the rest of your last question in my email - when you are needing to code something that you won't be able to use in BV - like an ad going onto another site - that is when you'd do it in notepad, writing the html - then checking it on one of the sites I gave you to check it - so you know it works - then you'd give that code to whoever needed it.

Meantime, since you are so lost in this - I suggest you stick with BV and make the site - which is why BV is made so that people do NOT need to know html. You are getting lost in this right now :)
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

• donprofit
        Second Lieutenant

• Jun 2007

Beth,

That makes more sense to me now. I'll quit trying to make it work when I guess it doesn't. One last question, when and where would I use that code that you gave me? Could I use it to put a link in my email, if so how?
        That's it, no more dumb questions.

Thank you for your help.
        Don
        RENT TO OWN A Home With No Qualifying FREE Manual Shows You How. Buy With A Lease Option

Comment

Working...
        X