Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• helping linking pages

Hello all~
    I know there are many posts about how to link pages...I've read them and watched the tutorials, and I'm still having difficulty. I recently published my site which includes 7 pages in addition to the index page. My index page loads in great when I go to my website, but when I select another page from my fixed menu I get an error message (HTTP 404 not found). Thanks in advance for your help.
    Stacey
    www.lifestepsnw.com

Re: helping linking pages

stacy this may seem like a stupid question, but you have published your other pages, yes?
    and you have published them with the same names as the links, and you published them with the .html extention, yes?
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Re: help linking pages

Lara~
      Thanks for getting back to me. Yes I have published the other pages (I selected the publish option when the page was completed and saved) and the pages are all named the same as the html options (with the exception that I took the spaces out of a few of the the html names, for example the page is contact us but html is contactus).
      Stacey

Comment

okay, did you take the spaces out of the pages when you published AND on the link buttons? they need to be identical..
        Liz
        www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

ok to be clear here, you saved the page as http://www.lifestepsnw.com/aboutus.html and the link reads exactly the same, right?
          Liz
          www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

Liz~
            What you're saying is that when I save a page in BlueVoda, before publishing it, I need to save it as http://www.lifestepsnw.com/aboutus.html I just tried doing this and received the message "the above file name is invalid". Am I misunderstanding what you're saying?

Comment

No, not exactly
              save it as aboutus
              but publish it as http://www.lifestepsnw.com/aboutus.html and make the link on your button the same
              does this help?
              Liz
              www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

Liz~
                YES, it finally makes sense to me, and thanks to all your help, my pages are now linked together...I should have posted earlier rather than struggling to figure it out on my own. Thank you again!
                Stacey

Comment

Originally posted by sagebutterfly123@aol.com View Post
                  Liz~
                  YES, it finally makes sense to me, and thanks to all your help, my pages are now linked together...I should have posted earlier rather than struggling to figure it out on my own. Thank you again!
                  Stacey
                  Great Stacy, glad it worked, sorry I was not so good with terminology..
                  but anyway, be sure and ask for help here when you need it. Then you don't have to beat your head against your monitor..LOL

good luck
                  Liz
                  www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

Working...
                  X