X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyperlinking Index With Page 2

http:www.bradkimball.com ---index page
    Brad, The Force Is Strong ---- second page which has been successfully published according to the message after I hit publish.
    If you look on the index page you will see a blank hyperlink button at the bottom of the page.
    I have read all the tutorials
    I have tried all the information I found on the forum but no luck.
    I have tried to pull up the second page by entering the name directly on the browser but no luck.
    Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?
    On vacation, have to go to the library for internet hookup. Will not see any help messages till next week.
    Thanks for anyone that can help me.
    Linda, Brad's Ma

Re: Hyperlinking Index With Page 2

Open the Brad page in BV. What name is displayed in the BV title bar?

Rename Brad to brad (small letters), then re-publish. You can use Blue FTP to delete the old Brad page.

Also redo the hyperlink on the button.
    Bless you
    Tom

Comment

I see you have not fixed this problem yet Linda. Remember to change the page name to small letters only. The page must be named brad.bvp (not Brad.bvp)
      Then publish it.

The link on the button must be: http://www.bradkimball.com/brad.html (You had brad as Brad, but it must be small letters only).
      Bless you
      Tom

Comment

You do not name a page with the .bvp extension ....

You name a page by it's name only - all small letters, no capitals, no spaces between the words unless joined together by the _ (underscore)

Linda, I am not sure what you may have saved, named and published your page as but this name needs to identically reflect what you insert as the hyperlink for your page ... and needs to be in this format

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Sorry Lady Eye. That is not what I meant to name the page with .bvp. I agree it could be confusing, but in Windows explorer the .bvp extension can be seen. When the page is saved as explained by Lady Eye, it will automatically be save with the bvp extension. Also, when you open an existing page from within BV, you can see the bvp type of file.

Aplologies for any misunderstanding Linda.
          Bless you
          Tom

Comment

Dear Tom and Lady Eye,
            I'm not sure where your're talking about the Brad.bvp is located? I named the page bradsforceisstrong. Is this incorrect?
            On the webbuilder I designed the page and started nameing it. I then discovered that the name had to be in all lower case, all run together, and not , ", etc. So I renamed the page bradsforceisstrong and that is the one I am working on. I have instructions on getting the other pages deleted which was a problem also and will work on it right now.
            I have a lot of problems with working with CPanel. I have been studying the CPanel put as of yet don't have it all figured out. For someone that has never worked with building web pages before the CPanel and it's importance is confusing. I'll get it worked out.
            Anyway, I'm going to CPanel now and delete the pages that are not valid and try find the Brad.bvp your talking about.
            In case I cant' find it where is it located?
            Thanks, Linda

Comment

Hi Linda ...

Here is your page

exactly how you have named it and exactly how you have published it ... great job!

You named your page bradsforceisstrong and published it and now the above is the link you must apply to the navigation button on your index page ...

You won't find any .bvp files in your file manager, located in control panel ...

the .bvp files are stored on your computer - you can go into your MY DOCUMENTS/BLUEVODA folder and delete the .bvp files you named in error -

You can also go into your file manager, and find the html files (these are the files that get converted from your .bvp files on your computer - blue voda automatically converts these for you when you publish - .bvp become .html - THE .BVP FILE STAYS ON YOUR COMPUTER, AND THE .BVP FILE, WHEN PUBLISHED MAKES A .HTML FILE IN YOUR FILE MANAGER) hope that helps you understand a little more ...

In any case, if you go into your file manager, in your control panel, into your public_html folder you can delete the files you no longer need ... They will go into your trash can there, and after you have checked that you have all the pages you need you could delete them, for now just leave them in the trash can until you are sure you have deleted the correct files ....

DO NOT DELETE PUBLIC_HTML FOLDER ....

Hey Tom, np :)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Dear Tom,
                Thank you for your help. I have looked around but can not find what you have mentioned that you are seeing. You mentioned Windows Explorer and perhaps that is why we are working with different things showing up. I'm so ignorant with this that is only a guess from a novice.
                Linda

Comment

Dear Lady Eye,
                  I have successfully been able to link bradsforceisstrong with the index page and on preview browser it works.
                  Tomorrow (or later this morning) I will try to link index with bradsforceisstrong.
                  I originally published successfully or so the message said, bradsforceisstrong about 2-3 weeks ago but still not showing on web. Have hit publish many times since then and still not showing.
                  If there is something I must do in cpanel in order to publish bradsforceisstrong I don't know what it is.
                  I have sent out a support ticket for help but if you know what I must do would greatly appreciate your help.
                  Linda

Comment

Hi LadyEye,
                    I successfully linked both pages together with your help! I was previewing them in the preview browser on the VH webbuilder and thinking over and over, that after weeks of working on this it was done!
                    Took a break, came back to enjoy the hyperlinking and they were gone. I reentered all the links as before and the webbuilder would not accept them.
                    I did receive a support ticket reply back that what I was calling a sub domain was actually a second page.
                    I emailed back back that all was working and then it wasn't and if this is a second page and not a sub domain as I read from tutorials should I go back into cpanel, go to sub domains and remove the makeing of the second page as subdomain?
                    Awaiting a answer.
                    Really don't know why all was working and then GONEEEEEEE!!!!!
                    Linda

Comment

Good Morning LadyEye,
                      I can't let it go till I get it right. I have managed to successfully the index page with bradsforceisstrong. However, under
                      Read My Story
                      bradkimball.com
                      Not only can I not hyperlink it back to the index page but several times now I have had to delete the bradkimball.com because when I publish it the spelling comes out bradkimcomball. and no hyperlink.
                      Today is a new day.
                      Linda

Comment

Hi Linda ... G'morning to you too

Let's start with what it is I believe you want to do and we will go from there, if this is not what you want to do, then tell me what the change is and we will go from there too. :)

My understanding is www.bradkimball.com is your main domain and is the website you are building. I also understand you are trying to link your pages together for this one website. I also understand you are not trying to make another website (which would be a sub-domain or an add-on domain) but have this one website have the main page (index) and a page 2 (bradsforceisstrong).

Okay ... I believe as well you have created a subdomain bradsforceisstrong ...

I do not believe you want a subdomain, but do in fact want bradsforceisstrong to be your second page of your website.

1. Go into your control panel, file manager, then into public_html directory and look for a file folder, (not a page) but a file folder that says bradsforceisstrong - that would be the subdomain that you created - you do not want that - that is one that you can safely delete if you do find it in there.

2. Now you have your index page and then you have page 2 which page 2 is bradsforceisstrong - Just publish this page named bradsforceisstrong to public_html -this will be your second page.

3. Now on page 2 - in the places that you want to link to your main page (index) - just hilight the text and insert the link http://www.bradkimball.com

4. Now on the main page (index) that you want to link to your 2nd page (which is bradsforceisstrong) - just hilight the text and insert the link http://www.bradkimball.com/bradsforceisstrong.html

Just remember a couple of things here:

a) You are building one website with two pages - both those pages get published to public_html directory ...

b) You can have as many pages as you like within this one website and you link the pages together by the following

http://www.

then your domain name (which is bradkimball.com)

the separated with a slash to the right /

then the name of the page bradsforceisstrong

followed by .html

And of course no separations in the words and all small letters

And remember too, when naming, saving and publishing pages you only need the name ... when you write the link or apply the link you must add .html at the end of the link

(reason for this is ... Blue Voda converts that .bvp file (which is the one you make on your computer using the blue voda website builder) into a .html file when published ...

I do notice that under READ MY STORY on your bradsforceisstrong page (page 2 let's call that) that you are linking to what we might call a subdomain ... it looks like this http://www.bradkimball.com/bradsforceisstrong/ <--------that is wrong ...

Instead you want that link to look like this http://www.bradkimball.com
                        (If in fact you want that to go back to your main page)

If this is not what you want to do Linda, try us again ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Good Morning LadyEye,
                          You've got it right. I'll follow your directions and try to get this mess I've created corrected.
                          Will let you know the outcome.
                          Thanks for taking so much time helping, I really appreciate it.
                          Linda

Comment

Hi LadyEye,
                            I'll sleep good tonight! Followed your directions. All links are working on both pages. Went into cpanel to subdomain and removed bradsforceisstrong.
                            Went to file manager and removed under public_html bradsforceisstrong. Didn't trash it yet. There is another bradsforceisstrong.html. Hope I removed the correct one.
                            For now both pages are working great! Couldn't have done it without you.
                            Wish vodahost would rework instructions on cpanel. Maybe it's only me, but cpanel scares me.
                            I sent page to preview section of forum.
                            Linda

Comment

Linda, that's all just great ... glad you are sorted, now we know your learning style!! See u in the showcase!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                              X