X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Step by step pdf. help!

Hello my domain name is www.vullcanairbrush.com

I need an information on how exactly step by step one goes about
    posting a link on a web page for downloading the pdf.
    aside from posting the actual pdf. on a remote server .

For example : In blue voda site builder you link your pages to specific URL pushing the link button ...how do you link pdf. file from a remote server to the text in you web page ( this is a must I suggest a chapter in a tutorial as well )

Rergards

PS. I watched the tutorial and this is not mentioned .

Re: Step by step pdf. help!

You can have a pdf as a view on the web type of file or as a dowloadable file.

This link was achieved by uploading/FTP your pdf file to your server & keeping it as a normal pdf file. This will show as a pdf page on your site. Click here as a sample.

If you would like to just have it as a download via a link. You might be best zipping the above file & uploading it the same as above to your server, but with this link. This will also reduce the download times dramatically with certain files. Link to download.looks like the url below.

This thread will also help. LINK

Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thank you collectors-info ,however can you tell me how , step by step a link is created just like in example No.1
      In other words :provided I have placed the pdf. to my ftp server..Say I am in blue voda website builder...a text in my page says: " click here to view the pdf. " how do I link this text to the pdf( just like you did in example 1)

...Please do not tell me I go to the ftp manager and place a file as normal pdf. I know that , I watched the tutorial...Can you be more specific...I mean you can place 10 000 pdf files on your ftp server but if you do not have a link you wont get to view any of them...anyone? I would really appreciate it,

regards

Comment

Hi there ... what Chris is telling you is correct ...

To insert a link in those chosen words you wish to use, you do so in the very same fashion that you make any text link ...

Highlight your line of words, choose insert, choose link and type in the link ... in this case the link for the pdf ... which would be ...

Use the extension .pdf for this file ...

You can give your users directions for download, you could say, to save this pdf as a download, right click and save target as ... clicking the link will open the pdf, where the user can also choose to go to file, and save as ...

Hope this clears things up for you ...

I just notice you have your pdf file called pdf -

so you link would be http://www.nameofyourdomain.com/pdf.pdf

You might consider giving your pdf a new name and reuploading it ... just to identify it in the chance that you may have 1000 pdfs ... remember when renaming though, all small letters, no capitals and no spaces unless joined together by the _ underscore symbol ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hello all

As Lady Eye suggests I have just added a pdf file to my site and once the person views the pdf they are able to save the pdf to their PC from there.
          Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Sorry maybe I am shortsighted a little I hope you can understand that,
            IO still did not get it:
            Here is what I did :
            I opened the blue ftp. ...then i transfered a pdf file by draginig it to remote server...OK. ... then I opened a page in my blue voda and clicked on the letters: "view the pdf." the I opened the link box and typed http:www.mydomainname.nameofpdf.pdf...then i publish a page to test it...
            page works but a link does not...
            Can anyone tell me what am I doing wrong?
            regards

Comment

Hi, would be better for us if you posted the page link that you have published so we can see.
              Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Dear collectors-info I just posted it again at http://www.vullcanairbrush.com/mc-1a_parts.html I do not know what will this prove though

Comment

Thank you everyone I was able to post it ...the problem was misspelling in the link ....thank you once again and sorry for the hassle....I will never forget this one...
                  Sinisa

Comment

This thread has lost its way so maybe Chris and Ladyeye could
                    direct it to the right forum.

Only chit chats here remember.
                    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Hi, you must of deleted your files on site as it went off as I was looking?
                      http://www.vullcanairbrush.com/mc_PDFtest.pdf was the link, but you now know this.
                      The file was about 18meg & far to larger for a website page. So zipping it is about the only way.
                      Oh! The reason for posting the page link is so we can look at the script. It’s a lot faster than lots of forum posts.
                      Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by zuriatman View Post
                        This thread has lost its way so maybe Chris and Ladyeye could
                        direct it to the right forum.

Only chit chats here remember.

Thanks Zuriatman, hadn't noticed that ... did you borrow my eye for the day, lol ...

Moving ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

click the below.....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Actually it did work just fine unzipped believe it or not...If any problem occurs I will zip the file...Thanks again.
                            Sinisa

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
                              Hi there ... what Chris is telling you is correct ...

To insert a link in those chosen words you wish to use, you do so in the very same fashion that you make any text link ...

Highlight your line of words, choose insert, choose link and type in the link ... in this case the link for the pdf ... which would be ...

Use the extension .pdf for this file ...

You can give your users directions for download, you could say, to save this pdf as a download, right click and save target as ... clicking the link will open the pdf, where the user can also choose to go to file, and save as ...

Hope this clears things up for you ...

I just notice you have your pdf file called pdf -

so you link would be http://www.nameofyourdomain.com/pdf.pdf

You might consider giving your pdf a new name and reuploading it ... just to identify it in the chance that you may have 1000 pdfs ... remember when renaming though, all small letters, no capitals and no spaces unless joined together by the _ underscore symbol ...

I thought I would step in here with my problem. My link to my .pdf is: http://www.dieboldpwr.com/faxrfqform.pdf. I uploaded the file faxrfqform.pdf by the FTP Manager to the public folder as per instructions. Prior to doing this I checked to make sure the contents of the file were all there.

Next using the advanced button, I created a button - Printable B-W (.pdf) Fax Version RFQ Form. In the button on OnClick Action: Navigate to the specific URL & in the button on OnClick Value: http://www.dieboldpwr.com/faxrfqform.pdf. When I publish it and select the button, the webaddress shows, but my screen turns blank - white.

I have redone this several times (uploading etc) with the same results! Any suggestions will be helped!

Fred

Comment

Working...
                              X