• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gabriellevonbernstorff
    Sergeant

• Sep 2007

A Dumby question: What is a Hyperlink?

Hello. Would someone be so kind and explain what a hyperlink is and does? Do I need to link my separate pages from the website?
    The BV tutorial unfortunately does not show what a hyperlink actually does. Thanks Gabrielle
  • LadyEye
    General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Re: A Dumby question: What is a Hyperlink?

A hyperlink is a link that is used for navigation to a certain area of your site or another site.

In other words a link, a url, or a web address.

It is most preferred that the links to all of your pages are on all of your pages, this is so that viewers can navigate easily from one page to another ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• gabriellevonbernstorff
      Sergeant

• Sep 2007

Dear Lady Eye

thanks for the response. You are like an agel moving around these pages!
      I have another question, are the pages of a website automatically conjoined and coordinated with the menu buttons once published?
      Many thanks Gabrielle

Comment

• pioneerVicki
        First Lieutenant

• Jun 2007

It depends whether you have added them or not. If you create a page & publish it - it will exist on the web as the name you gave it (eg. www.workboots.com/black.html) - but unless you've put a link to that page from somewhere in your store no-one will be able to find it except if they type the exact address into their browser & they wouldn't because they wouldn't know the page exists.
        To answer the other query you may have had - if you have a menu bar (with all the correct information) on your templet - each time you make a new page from that templet the information will always be there. eg. ones can access 'contact us' or 'products' from any page of your store. You don't have to create a new menu bar for each page.
        Don't worry about 'dumb questions' I've asked plenty! As a final point, you can have a Test Page, if you wish, simply by creating & publishing a page that isn't linked in any way to your store. You can access it if you want by typing in the full address. I have one on my store; I test some links to the cart ideas & things like that occasionally.
        www.dinkdy.info
        www.aboriginalarttreasures.com
        www.thegemlovers.com
        www.bigticketmoney.com

Comment

• LadyEye
          General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Dear Gabrielle

I am sorry I didn't respond, I am afraid I did not see your post, but I am sure when I look at the date you have this resolved or I see Vicki has helped you ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X