• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 502guy
    Corporal

• Jun 2006

drop down menu

I had to use a solid color for my buttons so the text wouldn't have a block around it, now text on my page is bleeding through the drop down menu. It wasn't doing this earlier and now all of a sudden when you hover over the button and the drop down menu appears, text on the page is bleeding through it. Here is a link to my site.....

I've used BlueVoda for over a year and it would seem like SOMEBODY on this site would at least TRY to lend a helping hand. I posted a thread yesterday that has STILL yet to answered.

Please HELP! What is the deal with the drop down menu's? Color issues, and now text bleeding through the menu. H E L P!

Thanks

CHRIS
  • PennieNPence
    Major

• Jun 2007

Re: more problems with drop down menu

It isn't bleeding through

The text is placed on a higher layer than the "drop down menu"

So, when the menu drops down it is droping down behind the text

Either move the text back,
    or move the menu to the front layer
    http://www.penniesnpence.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by 502guy View Post
      I've used BlueVoda for over a year and it would seem like SOMEBODY on this site would at least TRY to lend a helping hand. I posted a thread yesterday that has STILL yet to answered.

Please HELP! CHRIS
      LOL "502Guy" huh, Chris? Sounds like your an old-school cop....(502 used to mean drunk driver, right?) LOL

If you have been using BV for more than a year, then you should know that this is a peer-to-peer driven Support Forum, and not staffed by paid persons who jump just because someone claps louder! Right?

And, like our friend was calmly pointing out, it is simply a matter of knowing how things are laid out in BV also, especially regarding the "layering" of elements, and how to establish an order......something pretty elemental using Blue Voda. Such are the pratfalls of using a dynamically presented Menus system, for most of the time Users do not provide enough room or the proper contrast for such action......in your case, right-click on your menu and "MOVE TO FRONT"
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• 502guy
        Corporal

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by PennieNPence View Post
        It isn't bleeding through

The text is placed on a higher layer than the "drop down menu"

So, when the menu drops down it is droping down behind the text

Either move the text back,
        or move the menu to the front layer
        Ok, thanks for the help. Could you please take a look at this one where I customed made my buttons and the dropdown box is staying transparent?

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks

CHRIS

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Go back through the Properties Dialog box and be sure you set each configuration properly.

Everything by the numbers, every time.

It's a lot easier to use the COPY icon (not Copy under Edit, but the Icon top of the BV browser bar) to *******te exactly from page to page....if you then click PASTE icon (looks like a clipboard) it will paste in exactly the same place on the page as the last, so you will have a perfect copy without the work.
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• 502guy
            Corporal

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
            Go back through the Properties Dialog box and be sure you set each configuration properly.

Everything by the numbers, every time.

It's a lot easier to use the COPY icon (not Copy under Edit, but the Icon top of the BV browser bar) to *******te exactly from page to page....if you then click PASTE icon (looks like a clipboard) it will paste in exactly the same place on the page as the last, so you will have a perfect copy without the work.

I've went back through the properties and 'style' over and over and I either get a transparent dropdown box, or I get a color box around the text on the menu if I pick a color, making my custom made buttons look like garbage.

Very frustrating and I guess I'm too stupid to figure it out.

Thanks

CHRIS

Comment

Working...
            X