• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • communityresponders
    Corporal

• Oct 2006

navigation buttons

Can anyone help

I have a problem with my navigaion buttons i have just changed over tot he bluevoda version 9 and have republished a couple of pages but it has change my menu panel into a bright pink.

see http://www.community-responders.co.uk

it should look like http://community-responders.co.uk/help.html

i have not changed any setting for the style of the button and it all looks fine in bv it is only once you publish that the colour changes.

i have tryed redownloading bv did not work
    have tryed a new page with new buttons but got a pink outline around the button.

Dose anyone know who to solve this as i can not even see why it is happening.

thanks graham

www.community-responders.co.uk
  • pristinelife
    Captain

• Apr 2007

Re: help my navigation buttons have gone mad

I'm sorry I cannot reply as I've been having the same thing happen to my site since June but I'm sure someone else will come up with a solution and I'll be watching this thread for it. Hang in there, it'll get better
    Where's Your Life Going? You might find some help here: http://www.ourjourneytolife.com/banners3.html
    Who is Pristinelife? http://ourjourneytolife.com/aboutme.html

Comment

• mrmagoo144
      Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

both links look the same to me and i am using explorer 6
      mrmagoo144
      www.videopostcards.info

Comment

• Andy128
        Major General

• Dec 2005

Take a snap of the desk top for both sites and post the pics here so we can see what you're seeing.

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

• zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Yeah me too, there are no pink aura or pink alien only a white
          background?

Where is Pink?
          www.siapamoyanganda.com/
          Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
          State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

• grandjuke
            Staff Sergeant

• Aug 2007

Looks the same to me also. While on this subject my pages look fine when using internet explorer but when I use mozilla the spacing is different, some of my buttons cover the text. Anyone else had this problem?????

Comment

• Collectors-info
              General

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by grandjuke View Post
              Looks the same to me also. While on this subject my pages look fine when using Internet explorer but when I use mozilla the spacing is different, some of my buttons cover the text. Anyone else had this problem?????
              Unfortunately this happens to us all & have to put in allowances for it. Web designers even use browser checkers & pull up the appropriate CSS for the browser you are viewing by so it will change the page layout slightly to stop this.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• innerpotentials
                Private First Class

• Sep 2006

Hi, are you saying that all web design software has this problem between browsers or is it just BV? I'm having a problem with BV overlapping elements in Mozilla FF (about 4 inches of overlap) when I preview it and I'd rather not have to leave a big empty space to prevent this. I have a long sales page and I don't know if that has any effect. I'm not sure what to do. I'm still working on the page and don't want to publish it until I've got it ready. Any ideas? Is there other web page publishing software out there that doesn't do this?
                Thank you!

Comment

• larazovich
                  General

• Jul 2006

Originally posted by innerpotentials View Post
                  Hi, are you saying that all web design software has this problem between browsers or is it just BV? I'm having a problem with BV overlapping elements in Mozilla FF (about 4 inches of overlap) when I preview it and I'd rather not have to leave a big empty space to prevent this. I have a long sales page and I don't know if that has any effect. I'm not sure what to do. I'm still working on the page and don't want to publish it until I've got it ready. Any ideas? Is there other web page publishing software out there that doesn't do this?
                  Thank you!
                  Is everything overlapping or only stuff with h1 or h2,3 or 4 tags?
                  Liz
                  www.sebastopolparty.com
                  www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

• larazovich
                    General

• Jul 2006

Originally posted by communityresponders View Post
                    Can anyone help

I have a problem with my navigaion buttons i have just changed over tot he bluevoda version 9 and have republished a couple of pages but it has change my menu panel into a bright pink.

see http://www.community-responders.co.uk

it should look like http://community-responders.co.uk/help.html

i have not changed any setting for the style of the button and it all looks fine in bv it is only once you publish that the colour changes.

i have tryed redownloading bv did not work
                    have tryed a new page with new buttons but got a pink outline around the button.

Dose anyone know who to solve this as i can not even see why it is happening.

thanks graham

www.community-responders.co.uk
                    Your buttons are white for me in Firefox and in IE7
                    Liz
                    www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

• larazovich
                      General

• Jul 2006

Originally posted by pristinelife View Post
                      I'm sorry I cannot reply as I've been having the same thing happen to my site since June but I'm sure someone else will come up with a solution and I'll be watching this thread for it. Hang in there, it'll get better
                      Look at this thread, post number 5, by Navel for a possible explanation and solution to this purple button thing.. link

hope this helps
                      Liz
                      www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

• innerpotentials
                        Private First Class

• Sep 2006

Hi Liz,
                        Thanks for your quick reply, but I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are asking. You asked: Is everything overlapping or only stuff with h1 or h2,3 or 4 tags? I don't know what these are. Here's what I'm doing: I have a blue background color and a white Shape box in front of it then a text box on top of that to enter my sales copy in. The sales copy is pretty long and so won't fit in one text box... it just cuts off after a certain point and I can't paste any more in. So I created a second text box right under the first and pasted the rest of my sales copy in there. So, when I preview it in Mozilla FF, these two text boxes overlap... about seven inches worth and you see both sets of text overlapping each other. Hope that's enough detail to give you an idea of what's happening. I'd welcome any suggestions. Thanks!

Laura

Comment

• larazovich
                          General

• Jul 2006

Originally posted by innerpotentials View Post
                          Hi Liz,
                          Thanks for your quick reply, but I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are asking. You asked: Is everything overlapping or only stuff with h1 or h2,3 or 4 tags? I don't know what these are. Here's what I'm doing: I have a blue background color and a white Shape box in front of it then a text box on top of that to enter my sales copy in. The sales copy is pretty long and so won't fit in one text box... it just cuts off after a certain point and I can't paste any more in. So I created a second text box right under the first and pasted the rest of my sales copy in there. So, when I preview it in Mozilla FF, these two text boxes overlap... about seven inches worth and you see both sets of text overlapping each other. Hope that's enough detail to give you an idea of what's happening. I'd welcome any suggestions. Thanks!

Laura
                          If you are not familiar with those elements they aren't causing the problems..

First, is there any way you can publish a page to look at?

If not, well, let me see... I had sort of the same thing happen while creating my pages. But in my pages I used many smaller text boxes rather than fewer larger ones, and for some reason I no longer have that issue.

You can see what I mean on this site I built Pond and Garden Nursery
                          I built these in IE7 and then tweaked them in Firefox I am still adjusting some of the pages, so you may still see some overlap, but have managed to get rid of it in all the ones I have worked on.It takes patience and experimenting.

Here are some things to try:
                          Check your textboxes and make sure you aren't leaving extra space at the end of the box.
                          Try adjusting the widths and see if that makes a difference.

BV designed pages work best with IE, and although making your pages work well with Firefox takes a bit of adjusting, I think it is worth the effort.

Even with this issue, this sitebuilding tool is the best and easiest I have found, and the support on this forum is priceless.

Good Luck
                          Liz
                          www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

• innerpotentials
                            Private First Class

• Sep 2006

It took a while, but I finally figured out how to fix the problem with text overlapping in Mozilla Firefox browser. Here's what I did: I just changed the font from Ariel 14 pt. to Palatino Linotype 14 pt. The difference is amazing. In Ariel, Firefox displayed a huge overlap of the two long text boxes of about eight inches. In Palatino, the overlap disappeared. If there is any difference now between the way the text displays in BV and Firefox, it's not even noticeable. This fixed the problem for me and for my husband's site that was having the same problem. I hope this strategy is helpful to others who might be having the Mozilla text overlap problem as well. If you'd like to see how the site looks now, you can click on the link below.
                            Best wishes to all,
                            Laura
                            CreatingConfidenceAndSuccess.com

Comment

Working...
                            X