• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bingomaster
    Private First Class

• Oct 2007

RE: Page Linking

hi there all i wonder if anyone can give me a clue as into linking the pages i have formed together the simplist way to do i have had a look at the teritorial and i cant seem to grasp what its saying
  • LadyEye
    General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Re: Page Linking

For every page that you create you give it a name, the name should be all small letters without any spaces unless joined together with the _ underscore symbol ...

For instance if your page is for contacting you - you might call it contactus or contact_us - when you publish this page it will be found by the nameofyourdomain/nameofpage - so the link would look like

When you name the page, you just use it's name - when you link to this page you must add the extension .html after the name of the page.

You should considering applying a link to and from all pages on every page of your site, this is the best way to navigate through a site.

You can use navigation bars, menu bars or text linking as ways to insert the links for all your pages.

Name, save and publish as page name only.
    Link to the page as show above.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• bingomaster
      Private First Class

• Oct 2007

hi there lady eye can you tell me how i put a pic behind a button i mean so when i go world wide the button they press will take them to the pic i used the image bar to put pic on now i want to put pic behind button if ya know what i mean

Comment

• mrmagoo144
        Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

hello; do yu have a link showing us what you mean? if i understand you correctly you want to use the image to link to a page? if so, just double click on the image and a properties box will appear, use the link tab, enter the full URL address of the new page such as http://www.yourdomainname.com/newpagename.html This will create a link from the image to the new page. If you want to open a new window use the target blank option if you do not need a new window use the target self option. Again if we saw the linking it will make it easier for any of us to help you.
        Mrmagoo144
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

• bingomaster
          Private First Class

• Oct 2007

thank you mr magoo for your answer can you tell me how do i get my domain name please

Comment

• larazovich
            General

• Jul 2006

When you purchase a Vodahosting account, you will receive a free domain name for one year.
            Liz
            www.sebastopolparty.com
            www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

• mrmagoo144
              Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

well i guess we all assumed that you had a hosting package with Vodahost, but if you don't, you have to choose a name for your website, register with vodahost and buy the hosting package that suits your needs. Vodahost will confirm if the website name is avaiable and you get 1 name or 1 transfer with your purchase. That's it. My website or domain name is
              www.videopostcards.info
              if you want to contact me the link is:
              www.videopostcards.info/contactus.html
              Hope to hear from you
              Mrmagoo144
              mrmagoo144
              www.videopostcards.info

Comment

• bingomaster
                Private First Class

• Oct 2007

thank you very much mr magoo or should i call you wayne you have a great site kean golfer heah and no i dont have vodahosting as yet but i built some of the pages ready for publishing i think its no good publishing the pages as yet till i have all the pages set up what do you think

Comment

• feyza
                  Second Lieutenant

• Oct 2007

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
                  For every page that you create you give it a name, the name should be all small letters without any spaces unless joined together with the _ underscore symbol ...

For instance if your page is for contacting you - you might call it contactus or contact_us - when you publish this page it will be found by the nameofyourdomain/nameofpage - so the link would look like

When you name the page, you just use it's name - when you link to this page you must add the extension .html after the name of the page.

You should considering applying a link to and from all pages on every page of your site, this is the best way to navigate through a site.

You can use navigation bars, menu bars or text linking as ways to insert the links for all your pages.

Name, save and publish as page name only.
                  Link to the page as show above.

Hi,

I've also some problems with linking my pages...I've made ready all my pages but I can't link them together..I've watched all the tutorials about linking pages but I can't figure out how to do...I know to name the page as "index" for the home page...I published it properly..But the other pages??I can't publish the other pages...For example I've made all the buttons ready in index page...For example one button is for the "gallery"...Now, when someone click on "gallery" button,he/she should go to the "gallery" page...But how???The tutorials really didn't help me :(( As you see I'm very confused...I hope you understand me and please help me....
                  Feyza

www.sesan.org
                  Self Representing Art Workers

Comment

• Collectors-info
                    General

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by feyza View Post
                    Hi,

I've also some problems with linking my pages...I've made ready all my pages but I can't link them together..I've watched all the tutorials about linking pages but I can't figure out how to do...I know to name the page as "index" for the home page...I published it properly..But the other pages??I can't publish the other pages...For example I've made all the buttons ready in index page...For example one button is for the "gallery"...Now, when someone click on "gallery" button,he/she should go to the "gallery" page...But how???The tutorials really didn't help me :(( As you see I'm very confused...I hope you understand me and please help me....
                    Hi, publish a page called “gallery” the same way as you did with your index page & the link from your home page buttons will be……………http://www.mysite.com/gallery.html. This is done in the buttons property area.
                    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• feyza
                      Second Lieutenant

• Oct 2007

Thanks Chris;

I've done it perfectly!!

Now the last question...I've published the other pages but now how can I undo the publishing? Or how can I delete a published page? Is it possible?If yes,how??
                      Feyza

www.sesan.org
                      Self Representing Art Workers

Comment

• Collectors-info
                        General

• Feb 2006

Hi, either via your FTP in BV. Or preferably via the c panel. If you are deleting with the FTP & make a misstake? You don't get a second chance.
                        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• doob
                          Private

• Nov 2007

So, do we need to have the site uploaded to the internet for our links to work, because i typed the right urls into the image properties, but the links wont work when i preview the main page, im guessing that im just previewing that one page and the pages attached to it wont show up right?

Comment

• LadyEye
                            General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by doob View Post
                            So, do we need to have the site uploaded to the internet for our links to work, because i typed the right urls into the image properties, but the links wont work when i preview the main page, im guessing that im just previewing that one page and the pages attached to it wont show up right?

That's correct .. until you actually publish your pages they aren't designated to that url address yet, so will not show ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                            02036089024 / United Kingdom
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                            X