importing files from photoshop/imageready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• importing files from photoshop/imageready

I have designed a website entirely on photshop/imageready. I am having trouble when opening them on voda and some rollovers dont transfer over..

linking also is a problem and organizing folders is an issue also..

any help?

Re: importing files from photoshop/imageready

So did you export them for web? (.jpg's or what ever format) or are they still .pds formats?
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy View Post
      So did you export them for web? (.jpg's or what ever format) or are they still .pds formats?
      I think you mean PSD, right? And it wouldn't matter based on this "issue" anyway...

Originally posted by celes17 View Post
      I have designed a website entirely on photshop/imageready. I am having trouble when opening them on voda and some rollovers dont transfer over..linking also is a problem and organizing folders is an issue also..any help?
      Creating a site foundation in this manner is similar to Flash, in that everything is an image, and the functions have been "layered" ..... Blue Voda, which uses CSS 'on top of' HTML won't follow that formatting, and thus your functions (being image based) will not work as designed. That is why your rollovers are not functioning and your 'coded' navigation has been lost....

To have your base PSD image as a foundation, and to install rollover (hopefully it was not dynamic -- Flash-like) on top of your theme, you will have to mimic the rollover transition by re-sizing and re-configuring the effect using the Rollover icon in Blue Voda to "swap" images, limited to static-to-static.

Simlarly, to mimic dynamic navigation, you can overlay a BV object, size it, and set as transparent over an area or elment of your base image, and set the rollover effect as a hyperlink transition to switch images .... this can be done 2 ways: 1) by creating custom links using sized / cropped / colored images or objects for the normal and mouseover action; 2) isolating the actual coded script portion of your PSD/ImageReady navigation confifuration and COPY + PASTE the script entirely into a HTML box which you generate in BV to lay specifically over your base image as designed. This is essentially the same as using an iFrame for standard actions with the command effect similar to inserting a Flash element on top of your page "template" and will also be not "read" by the search engines as part of the page construct --- no matter, since it is navigation anyway, and you can always insert your ROR map into the HTML file so the site/links will be followed nonetheless.

If you have any difficulty following this (understanding the concept), or need actual help converting to a more usable format to integrate into a BV-created website affordably, you can get in touch with me here.
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Yes, sorry *.psd
        Best regards,
        Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Working...
        X