• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jacqwout
    Private First Class

• Nov 2007

Styling Sliding Menu Bar

I am finalizing website with URL www.wls-proteins.com
    I have a problem with the styling of the sliding menu bar. Please have a look at my index page (welcome). My site navigation is working properly; I just would like to give each element of the menu bar a typical button shape and a little bit more spacing in-between buttons. Tried to import commercial buttons but it is getting quite messy to organize the right spacing. Any suggestions? Jacques Wouters
  • dougnez
    Brigadier General

• Aug 2006

Re: Styling Sliding Menu Bar

Hi Jac... I know that with blue voda you can customize the look of slide bars when using I frames... Hope that helps... Doug

Comment

• Jacqwout
      Private First Class

• Nov 2007

Thank you Doug. Have no experience with anything like I-frames. Selected BV because of its simplicity in putting a site together! Any detailed info on how to proceed? ...Jacques

Comment

• dougnez
        Brigadier General

• Aug 2006

Hi Jac... If you right click anywhere on your page in the Web builder "Page Properties" will appear... there are several things you can do there...like pick a background ... and you can also customize the scroll bars for that page... There is also a place to title the page for search engines purposes... Doug

Comment

• Jacqwout
          Private First Class

• Nov 2007

Thank you Doug; I was aware of the other page property possibilities; however they do not provide a solution to my wish to improve the styling of my sliding bar buttons. I wish somebody of BV would take the effort of responding to this question. It seems very basic to me.

Comment

• dougnez
            Brigadier General

• Aug 2006

Hi Jac... As far as I know the styling you see here at BV for slide bars is as good as it gets ...I know of no other sources for slide bar buttons.. But.. maybe you can google it and find other sources ..... Hope that helps... Doug

Comment

• Tom vR
              Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

Hi Jacqwout,

I think you and Dougnez are not on the same wave length here. You are referring a slide bar (sliding menu bar) and Dougnez to a scroll bar.

Now, regarding the styling of the menu bar, yes it is possible, but not recommended. To apply some styling, double-click the menu bar and open the Styles tab. There you can select a desired Theme, Font and Effect.
              You can also modify the Normal colors and the Mouse-over colours.

I have however used all options except the Theme. The problem is that if you use any Theme apart from the Default, the menu does not expand fully when you view the site with FireFox. It is okay in Internet Explorer.
              Look at this thread. Drop menu not expanding fully in Firefox

Hope this helps.
              Bless you
              Tom

Comment

Working...
              X