As far as I can see I did it right..but still not publishing.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • micheleros
    Master Sergeant

• Jun 2007

As far as I can see I did it right..but still not publishing.

Hi Everyone,

I must be missing something here. I have looked at the tutorials and some of the threads but still no joy.

My domain is www.floridathelastresort.com Only the index page will publish for me.

All the outside links are working, however if I want to link to www.floridathelastresort.com/photos.html it doesn't happen, in fact none of my own links will work.

I have a folder in BV listed as 'The Last Resort' and within that I have my individual pages. I have tried to publish under both the html extension and the bvp extension, to no avail.

Can you let me know what I am doing wrong please?

Many thanks in advance.

Michele
  • larazovich
    General

• Jul 2006

Re: As far as I can see I did it right..but still not publishing.

Michelle
    It almost has to be something in how you are naming the pages (are you certain they are saved and published exactly as you have them in your links?)
    or how you are publishing them- you are publishing them in the same way as you published your index page, yes?
    PS - remember you do not add the .bvp, the sitebuilder does that for you, you just save with the name you select.
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

• lemmondr
      Second Lieutenant

• Sep 2007

Michelle,

I agree with Liz...something is wrong with your naming of files or how your pages are being published. I would look at your public html and verify your published file names.

Keep Trying!! Index page loaded fine.

Daniel-

Comment

• micheleros
        Master Sergeant

• Jun 2007

Thanks a million,

Will go back over all of this and come back. There is definitely something simple I am overlooking.

Michele

Comment

• micheleros
          Master Sergeant

• Jun 2007

Ok so I have working this most of the night and still no joy. Here is what I am doing.

1. I re-downloaded the up to date version of BV and tried refreshing my browser (IE) when I go to republish a particular page.

2. Went back through the hyperlinking tutorials and all mine appear to be ok. e.g. www.floridathelastresort.com/rates.html . The previous link is what my typical sub link looks like in properties.

When I go to actually save an individual page, the 'file name' is 'photos' - the 'files of type' is an automatic bvp....identical to the index page I have already printed & published.

3. I created a new folder in BV to publish just the pages I want; e.g. 'index, photos, rates, etc.' At this time I am not publishing all pages; e.g. 'what_to_do_, shopping, newsletter' etc.

4. When I want to publish, I open the relevant pages and then go through the individual publishing requirements per page. Still the only one that gets published is the index.

Anything obvious here that I am doing wrong, or any suggestions?

thanks,

Michele

Comment

• larazovich
            General

• Jul 2006

Nothing jumps out at me, but let's take it to basic.
            Lets take the rates page, as an example.
            You saved your rates page is rates, just rates, right?
            and BV added the .bvp, right?
            So you open the page in your sitebuilder,

Okay, now look at your menu button
            In the edit area it says link type: http
            and you have the correct url in there - http://www.floridathelastresort.com/rates.html

Save it again

then push the publish button, and it says successfully published, right?

Is this how you are doing it?
            Any luck?
            Liz
            www.sebastopolparty.com
            www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

• micheleros
              Master Sergeant

• Jun 2007

Hi Liz,

Yeah once again I have gone back through everything.

Again with rates in the edit menu it is saved as www.floridathelastresort.com/rates.html

I have done this with all of the pages I want to publish. I then decide whether I want them to open in self, blank etc. and this is all saved.

When I go to save my actual pages, I just name them index, photos, rates, contact, internationalpublications & ibifoundation. I don't add any extension to them. All lower case.

BV saves the 'Files of Type' as a .bvp.

I have then opened each page separately and published it....always getting a 'successfully published' ok.

Again I open my browser type in www.floridathelastresort.com and only the index page comes up. When I click on any of the links in my nav bar ....such as rates...I just get a http 404 error for all internal links.

I am stumped!

Michele

Comment

• LadyEye
                General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Hi ..

are you publishing to the same directory? public_html ??

Also, you mention creating a few folders - where did you create those, on your own computer or in your cp in file manager?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• micheleros
                  Master Sergeant

• Jun 2007

Hi,

Yeah all are being published to public_html.

I just created a new folder within my Blue Voda file and copied the applicable pages into it. I haven't done anything in my cp apart from setting up and email address for the site.

I am doing exactly the same thing with every page as I am doing with the index page, yet the index publishes and nothing else does.

Michele

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

can you just make a change on your index page - just add a few words and then resave and republish and see if that is republishing and your changes are showing? Can you do this now .. and let us know ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• micheleros
                      Master Sergeant

• Jun 2007

ok will do

Michele

Comment

• micheleros
                        Master Sergeant

• Jun 2007

ok so the change I made saved and published, still no joy on internal links.

Michele

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by micheleros View Post
                          ok so the change I made saved and published, still no joy on internal links.

Michele

Okay .. so you appear to be publishing and the changes are showing ..

So now, let's open up your photos page - the .bvp file that you created and named, saved and published as photos ..

Let's open it and resave it in the same folder on your computer as your index one ... close blue voda and then go and reopen from that location, and publish to the same public_html .. and let's see if we can get this page published and found ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• micheleros
                            Master Sergeant

• Jun 2007

No Joy.

I opened the photos page, made a small change to it, resaved it in the same location as the index page.

Closed BV, re-opened it, opened the photo page and went to publish. It said it published successfully.

I then opened a new browser, typed in www.floridathelastresort.com went to my nav bar at the side, clicked on photos, which opened to a http 404 error in a separate page.

Hmm!

Michele

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

O k ...

So I would like for you to go and log into your control panel .. I want you to browse to the public_html directory and once you are there, open this directory - inside you should see .html files - you will see the one called index - I am wondering if you see the one called photos??? Or any of the other pages you created and published? Or are you seeing a folder called photos? Just so I am clear, this photos page, you made it with blue voda right and published with just this name photos, all small letters - no spaces etc.,

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                              X