navigation buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• navigation buttons

I have quite a few pages on my site that have sets of navigation buttons and checking through the site this evening I have found that the titles and links seem to be jumping around across the pages and sending me to the wrong place.
    I have republished some of the pages but they keep reverting to the wrong link,here is an example of what I mean:

The buttons in white do not belong to this page,they belong here:

I have republished the first page several times and it stays ok for a while but then reverts to the wrong links again.

Any ideas?

Re: Problems with navigation buttons

I think you might have to help us a little more to understand what is happening - I see one white background on a nav button entitled Home on this page you point to - is this not supposed to be there?

I am not sure but perhaps the problem lies in how you have typed your links and named your pages ... the below is a sample of a link, a url that you have created that has a few errors, so this may be a cause to your troubles...

It is best to name, saved and publish your pages as - All small letters, no spaces between words unless otherwise joined together with the use of the _ underscore symbol.

The below would be better as

.........co.uk/clipcollection.html

.co.uk/The%20Clip%20Collection.html

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for the reply,I can do the changes you suggest but I find it strange as I have had these links running for a few months now with no issues,the problem only began yesterday when I made some links on another page.

I'll try to explain a little better by just showing one of the pages that I have the problem with.

This page has four links on nav buttons,they are entitled:
      Colgate
      AlasSmith&Jones1
      AlasSmith&Jones2
      AlasSmith&Jones3

If you hover the mouse over the buttons the links do direct you to the correct page but in preview and in browser the links display the words
      Colgate
      AlasSmith&Jones1
      FirstKiss *
      Bringontheladies *

These two * clips belong to an entirely different part of the site.I have cleared the cache and even run a dns flush but they just keep reappearing.

I will rename the pages as you suggest though to see if I can resolve the issue.

Comment

Hi, renaming the pages is just an overall suggestion for you .. I think if I am understanding you correctly, on this example page you wish to only have two links appear on that page ... those being the top two of the four you list ... is this correct?

If so, I would suggest, removing the navigation bar that you have on that page, reinserting a new bar and apply the two urls to the two pages that you want to link to from here.

The problem may have begun if you were copying and pasting nav bars from one page to another when you made your recent changes, this can happen ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

As soon as I read copy and paste I knew that you had solved my problem!

That will teach me not to be lazy,it's exactly what I did as the links on three pages were exactly the same.I've deleted the links and rebuilt them properly and they work fine now.

Thank you so much for your help,much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
          X