Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two questions from rank newbie.

Hi,

1. I have been experimenting with the BV website builder before I get the account to see if it it what I want to use for my website. I built a couple of pages but can't link them, the hyperlink icon is greyed out.

Do I need to establish an account and publish the site first in order to link pages? I am assuming something like that is the case.

2. When I publish the site, how do I work on the site, do links etc. before opening it up to the public?

Thanks

Jules
    The practice of yoga is absolutely essential to the realization that the practice of yoga is absolutely unneccesary.

Re: Two questions from rank newbie.

Hi,
    1.Yes! you will need an account to be able to fully test your links.
    2. once you have published the whole world will be able to see your pages. If you need to work on a page, do the alteration just as if you where making a page for the 1st time & re-publish. This will over write the one that was there before.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
      Hi,
      1.Yes! you will need an account to be able to fully test your links.
      2. once you have published the whole world will be able to see your pages. If you need to work on a page, do the alteration just as if you where making a page for the 1st time & re-publish. This will over write the one that was there before.
      Thanks much Chris,

What do you think of this plan . .If I make my index page a "no-link" dummy page that says "coming soon" or something like that. Then, work on the other pages till it's OK, then delete the dummy index page and insert a real linked page and rename the new page the index page?

Will that work?

Thanks again
      The practice of yoga is absolutely essential to the realization that the practice of yoga is absolutely unneccesary.

Comment

Yep! That will work fine. The other pages will be accessible, but only if someone knows the url/address of these page's. But doing it this way is about the best, & will enable proper testing to 99% of the site.

Good luck.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
          Yep! That will work fine. The other pages will be accessible, but only if someone knows the url/address of these page's. But doing it this way is about the best, & will enable proper testing to 99% of the site.

Good luck.
          Great!,

Thanks much.

Jules

Comment

Instead of coming soon - how about putting some good text on the page about what the website is going to be - make it a teaser for what's to come- so IF anyone finds it - including se's - it has something to interest them. Coming Soon won't do that.

Give the page a real title and put in a meta description of what the page is about. Get yourself starting to be indexed for that page as soon as you publish it.

If you're going to publish - make it work for you. You still don't need to put the "real" page up there until the rest is ready.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
            X