• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wisemen
    Private

• Jan 2008

Help to create and link a new page to home

How do I create a new page that will be linked to my home page? Is this done by hyperlinking? Do you have to hyperlink everything individually or can you just hyperlink the entire page? Thanks in advance for your help.
  • Bethers
    Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Re: Help to create and link a new page to home

Please watch the tutorial on hyperlinking again - it explains it.

(Yes, you link the entire page.)
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

• wisemen
      Private

• Jan 2008

Tahnks you for your help. I don't understand at all how to link pages together. I don't even know if I named my first page correctly. When I saved it, I save it as "index.bvp". I don't know if I should have named it "mydomain.com/index.html" or what? Same question on the other pages. If you can't tell, I am lost. Please help. I really need to know what to save my pages as and how to link them together. The tutorials just are not specific enough for me. Thanks again!

Comment

• mrmagoo144
        Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

ok hope i can help yu get started.
        1. save and publish your home page as index(no caps/ no spaces) do not put .bvp as this will done automatically/
        2. now the rest is easy. Let's say you name the 2nd page Contact Usyou save it as contactus(no caps, no spaces. you publish the page. Now your link from home(index) to page 2 will be:

you follow the same procedure for each page.
        Name it About Us
        Save it aboutus
        link is :http://www.yourdomainname.XXX/aboutus.html
        If you want me to walk you through this process, just contact me through my website and I will be happy to help.
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by wisemen View Post
          I really need to know what to save my pages as and how to link them together. The tutorials just are not specific enough for me.
          Sounds like you have not reviewed the Tutorials in fact, for they are precisely detailed in easy-to-understand English, text prompts, and visual modelling in order to acommodate an international clientele for more than 5 years!

I suggest you have a once-over, and if needed, pause them to duplicate the process illustrated side-by-side to an open BV page ...... "doing" makes learning easier and more firmly habituated!

Naming/Saving Tutorial

Linking Pages Tutorial
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• davebonar
            Corporal

• Jan 2008

Wiseman,
            mrmagoo gave the clue. You have to PUBLISH each page individually.
            The hyperlinking tutorial does NOT tell you this! Watch the PUBLISHING tutorial. I was having the same problem until I read mrmagoo's reply, then the light went on! Thanks mrmagoo!!
            Dave

Comment

• mrmagoo144
              Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

you are welcome. sometimes we can watch and watch but never understand. i always have liked the personal touch - a hands on helper. It would be great if we could contact someone who knows all and have a conversation with that person about our trials and tribulations with building on the internet. Maybe someone would open a business to do this - so much per hour. I'm sure they would do great.
              In any event, I'm happy you have it.
              mrmagoo144
              mrmagoo144
              www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Working...
              X