• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • acejase
    Sergeant Major

• Nov 2007

link other sites question

client#19000 my site is http://www.surfselectsave.com

I would like to put in my site a page dedicated to links to cool competitions i find on the net.

My question is, do people mind if you just create the link without asking permission first? I only have three links in my site at the moment and have asked permission for each of them, so i dont get into any trouble.
    Is it necessary?

Still relatively new, and havent quite got my site ready to market yet.

thanks
  • Watdaflip
    Major General

• Sep 2005

Re: link other sites question

No, you don't need permission to link to a website. If you want to give people the courtesy of asking theres nothing wrong with it, but I would think just about any site would welcome any website that links to their own.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• Marincky
      General

• Apr 2006

You will probably find as your site matures other sites will start linking to you without you even knowing about it, this is how the internet works. As answered above, no one is going to mind you linking to them as you are creating another door into that site's service.

I make many sites for wedding dress companies and nearly every week someone steals an image from one of my sites and posts it on a forum or another site with a comment like 'This is a dress I want to get married in if someone ever asks me!' .... Most of the time they add the photo with a link to the site (sometimes intentional, sometimes not). This saves me loads of time having to market these sites when other people unintentionally and innocently do it for me!
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• acejase
        Sergeant Major

• Nov 2007

thanks guys for the info, i will get started on my new page

much appeciated

Comment

Working...
        X