Navigation bar and linking problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navigation bar and linking problem

Hi - I hope someone can help me as Iv'e just hit a HUGE problem.
    My site is www.emigratetv.com, but I have just set up a separate folder for readers only - http://www.emigratetv.com/readeroffer/

However, ALL the links on this page should go back to the main site pages, but they seem to default to the "emigratetv.com/readeroffer" folder - and most of the pages don't exist within this folder.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Re: Navigation bar and linking problem

I have looked at some of your pages and some of them like this

it looks like you saved this page in bv as www.emigratetv.com/programmes

You should simply save this page as 'programmes' then when you are creating the hyperlink to that page it should be as http://www.emigratetv.com/programmes.php

This might shed some light on what is happening.

Regards

Darren

Comment

Thanks Darren but as far as I'm aware I saved everything as just the name eg "programmes", "participate" etc. I will have another look at my hyperlinks though.

Another question on the same thing - if I've set up a new folder called "readeroffer" do I need to name a page in that folder as "index"?

Thanks

Comment

If you are talking about folders in BV I don't think it matters for example I've got a folder for each website I do and I got seperate folders for images - just makes it easier for me.

If you are talking about folders in your FTP Manager then I am pretty sure that everything associated with that webite is all kept to gether.

Does that offer any help?

Darren

Comment

I just read your question again

If you are setting up a new website, then yes you need a new folder and a new index.

If you are working on an existing one you only need one index page but I would reccomend you keep all the pages relating to the site together.

Regards

Darren

Comment

I've got one website, www.emigratetv.com, but we are advertising a special offer for readers of a spe******t magazine, and we have asked them to look at www.emigratetv.com/readeroffer which takes them to a different home page (which I have done in a new folder called "readeroffer" - and called the page in this folder "index" so it looks like the home page but has slightly different wording). It sounds from what you are saying that I now need to re-upload every page in this new folder...is that right? Surely there must be a way to click onto any of the links in this folder and get back to the main website.

Sorry if this isn't very clear - I'm getting confused about how to do this.

Comment

Darren-I think I've now got it sorted. I've deleted and re-done all the links on this "readeroffer" page and they now seem to be working ok. Don't know why as I entered exactly the same links as before.

Thanks for all your help with this.

Comment

i think this is what i would have done, in fact i have done this.
                make your readeroffer page as you have done and link it to your website the same you have done for your View our Programs page. Now you have 2 choices:
                1. you can put the link of your new page on all your pages in the navigation bar as a special offer OR
                2, you can give your customers the url for your readeroffer page and have a link on that page to go back to your home page.
                here is the example where i have done this:
                www.tprspecialties.com has a link for press a print.
                When i give my customer the url address of
                www.videopostcards.info/tprpressaprint.html
                now the customer has gone directly to the promotion page but has the chance of going to my home page if he wants to.
                mrmagoo144
                www.videopostcards.info
                mrmagoo144
                www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Working...
                X