• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slhurt@charter.net
    Corporal

• Jan 2008

PrimitiveCollectibles.com

I am new at this and have worked days to set up my site. I CANNOT
    get my pages of thumbnails to hyperlink. I have read/viewed the tutorials hundreds of times. I need a human to talk me thru it! If anyone is kind enough to help me, I will surely appreciate it! The hyperlink icon stays grayed out, right clicking nor left clicking will bring up the info screen or the URL. Thanks!!

Sallie
  • DCOFFICESERVICES
    Special Status

• Oct 2007

Re: PrimitiveCollectibles.com

Hi Sallie

Have you published your index page yet? If you have please can you you tell us your web address and then someone here will try to help.

Darren

Comment

• koolspaces.com
      Second Lieutenant

• Jul 2007

Try this:

Let's say you have an image element on your page. Double click it, choose the middle tab (link) of the image properties box, highlight URL: the http:// will show highlighted in blue, right arrow over it once, then type in the filename you want opened, http://koolspaces.html, then choose target, usually blank. My guess is that you are not creating a valid .html file.

Hope that helps!

The Best Funny Videos on myspace.com and more!

Comment

• slhurt@charter.net
        Corporal

• Jan 2008

How great to have a response!! I haven't published my site yet because I can't get my "thumbnail" pages to link. I tried double clicking on each of the thumbnail pictures separately and nothing pops up but the screen entitled "Lightbox Properties"

Comment

• DCOFFICESERVICES
          Special Status

• Oct 2007

Hi Sallie

I can't comment on lightboxes because I've never used that feature but saying that hyperlinks are hyperlinks.

To get your hyperlinks to work, you will need to publish your page(s). Hyperlinks do not work in preview mode.

Hope that helps

Darren

Comment

• slhurt@charter.net
            Corporal

• Jan 2008

I understand that I have to "publish" to see them working, but my problem is that I can't get the screen to open to type in the URL so mine don't have a chance of working without a destination. Additionally, if I have hyperlinked something ...either text or an image...is it possible to "un-hyperlink it?...and if so, how do I do it? Once again, thanks so very much for helping...it is so nice to have human help!!

Comment

• DCOFFICESERVICES
              Special Status

• Oct 2007

Sallie can I confirm. Are you using the lightbox tool or are you inserting thumbnail images that you just need to hyperlink?

Darren

Comment

• slhurt@charter.net
                Corporal

• Jan 2008

Yes, I used the Lightbox tool. Now that I have them on one page, I can't get them to link. I moved them in groups...which may be causing the problem, but I can't see why.

Comment

• DCOFFICESERVICES
                  Special Status

• Oct 2007

I just looked at the tutorial for light boxes and I can't see an option to hyperlink. It seems it allows you to click on a thumbnail to allow the user to see the bigger picture.

I've never used it, so hopefully someone else might step in and tell me I'm wrong but I don't think I am.

What I tend to do is if I wanted to link a thumbnail to another page, I would use the 'roller' over tool, insert my image and then insert the url to where you want it to go when clicked.

When someone clicks on a thumbnail do you want to take them to a different page?

Darren

Comment

• DCOFFICESERVICES
                    Special Status

• Oct 2007

Sallie

This tutorial may help

Darren

Comment

• slhurt@charter.net
                      Corporal

• Jan 2008

What I had in mind was to put the "thumbnail" pages on separate buttons on the Home/Index page so the visitor could click on that page and see all of the different bulletin boards that I offer. When I preview the page I can click on the icon and each thumbnail will enlarge like it is supposed to, but I can't link the darned page to anything. I have 4 pages of thumbnails that I am trying to link...all different types of products. Thank you so much for being willing to help me. Should I try to figure out how to "publish" a page or two...thinking that it might help to figure out my problem? I will do whatever I need to in order to get this site online.

Comment

• DCOFFICESERVICES
                        Special Status

• Oct 2007

I've had another look and you can't link them using light box. If you were able to link them, where would that be, a shopping cart or something?

Comment

• slhurt@charter.net
                          Corporal

• Jan 2008

I had in mind to link them to a "button" in the fixed menu on the Home page. Won't that work? I have linked all of the other pages to the Home page. I can't think of how I will be able to use the thumbnails if I can't link them to something...should I try to put one beside an image on the page? You'll never know how much I appreciate your help!

Comment

• DCOFFICESERVICES
                            Special Status

• Oct 2007

I think the only way of kind of linking them is to put text underneath each thumbnail eg, 'buy now' or 'more info' as then you can hyperlink the text.

I've got to go now, hopefully someone else might step in and help also.

Good Luck

Darren

Comment

• slhurt@charter.net
                              Corporal

• Jan 2008

Darren,

Thanks a million!!

Sallie

Comment

Working...