• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Youngbull
    Sergeant

• Jan 2008

Re: linking help please

darn, that chart looked so good. too bad it didn't make it through.

i'll try again.

Comment

• judavvforum
      Major

• Nov 2007

Gee....last night I checked your site and the index page navigation to the next level was working!

Your chart will work. But there still isn't a need for any other folder, as I see it; unless you make "blood" in a password protected folder.

I'm not going to get in the way of the "Generals" that are helping you; just wanted you to know I'm cheering for your success!

Comment

• Marincky
        General

• Apr 2006

Ok, so from your index page you link through to

Gallery Bio Contact Links.

To do this you just make pages called those names...

Then on the Gallery page you can then link to

Anthro Love Commission

again by naming and making pages entitled as above.

Then place your images on each of those three pages and publish.

Now, sorry, just explain to me what this blood page is? Is this the section you don't want passworded but you Do want as there but not linked to, so that people don't know it's there? and why would you want to do that? Explain your reason to have this in this way if I have understood correctly.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• Youngbull
          Sergeant

• Jan 2008

thanks judavv, you've been most helpful :3 and yes, the navigations from the index page is working. but not from the next level. :( (ie contact->action, or gallery->anthro)

Comment

• Youngbull
            Sergeant

• Jan 2008

you got it pretty much right, i do want ti there, not passworded, and not linked to. it's for the same reasons that I removed the link function from 2 of the names in links. if iI hadn't a PG site would not let me link to my website. (because of mature/adult content policies) blood isn't that harshly looked upon, but i'd still like it to be there but just not linked to. :3

makes sense no? (probably not, but hey XD)

Comment

• Marincky
              General

• Apr 2006

Ok, so if I understand correctly you have a few drawings that are suitable for adults yes? and you don't want just anyone to see them. hmm, ok, I understand the reason for not displaying the link but now, how will people that ARE allowed to see the images going to do so?

Maybe a note on the home page telling people to email you for this link if they are over the age of... ?

Or, why don't you have the link but password protect it and tell people to email you for the code?
              Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• Youngbull
                Sergeant

• Jan 2008

well, not exactly, i got nothing above mature (for blood) but some PG sites may be extreme at that point of their policies. so keeping it hidden, but not out of reach, is a good idea :3

still pondering on the page thing did you mean just adding the name of the page to the public_html/ line during publishing?

Comment

• Marincky
                  General

• Apr 2006

Just publish the pages the exact same way you did your index page. Leave the folder as public_html.

So just create a new page and publish it.

Forget all these folders as I think you really are going down a long confusing route.

I have several sites with hundreds of pages, one of them has just over 1500 images on it but they are all just published to the public_html folder.

Comment

• Youngbull
                    Sergeant

• Jan 2008

hmm, i've been trying to create that new page. but somehow i just can't figgure out how.

inside cP i only got the options of new file, and new folder.
                    should i make a new file? (didn't seem right to me, but if so, what name and type?)

Comment

• Marincky
                      General

• Apr 2006

Originally posted by Youngbull View Post
                      hmm, i've been trying to create that new page. but somehow i just can't figgure out how.

inside cP i only got the options of new file, and new folder.
                      should i make a new file? (didn't seem right to me, but if so, what name and type?)
                      No no no... Stay out of the CP at this point, you create your pages on the BV web builder and publish them, just as you did your index page.

Comment

• Youngbull
                        Sergeant

• Jan 2008

i've already made all the pages i needed. is there a certain way to link them?

Comment

• Marincky
                          General

• Apr 2006

i've already made all the pages i needed. is there a certain way to link them?
                          Not sure if I follow you?

If your page you are trying to link to is called gallery then you would link to it thus:

Comment

• Youngbull
                            Sergeant

• Jan 2008

and so i have, and i've done it the same way with everything else. l:3
                            ike i.e the airtrip picture is linked to as http://www.youngbull.net/gallery/anthro/airtrip.html

and what i meant is, that i have made all the bvp pages in the BV builder. :P

for some reason i get a 404 every time i try reacing something more than 2 lvls from the index XD

Comment

• Marincky
                              General

• Apr 2006

and so i have, and i've done it the same way with everything else. l:3
                              ike i.e the airtrip picture is linked to as http://www.youngbull.net/gallery/anthro/airtrip.html

and what i meant is, that i have made all the bvp pages in the BV builder. :P

for some reason i get a 404 every time i try reacing something more than 2 lvls from the index XD

In the above link the /anthro/airtrip has to go...

Remove the folder gallery and the folder anthro from your server. forget about those.

Make the page 'gallery' place your images on that page and just hit the 'publish' button... trust me!

Comment

• Youngbull
                                Sergeant

• Jan 2008

i don't even have any folders. :3

and wehat do you mean? like putting the content of anthro and love into the gallery page? like just copy/pasting the tablets there?

Comment

Working...
                                X