• Show
Clear All
  • Marincky
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: linking help please

Originally posted by Youngbull View Post
    i don't even have any folders. :3

and wehat do you mean? like putting the content of anthro and love into the gallery page? like just copy/pasting the tablets there?
    You must have folders if this is a link:

/gallery is pointing it to a folder
    as is /anthro

you can't copy and paste them onto the pages you have to insert them using the image tool, or gallery feature
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• Bethers
      Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Well, Ramsey, thank you so much for taking this on.

Youngbull - you really have to learn how to make the navigation links - and that is what this has been about from the beginning - you have been trying to do them in a very confusing way- and we have been trying to tell you it doesn't need to be that confusing.

Yes, I got upset last night when you kept telling us that we didn't understand. We did.

And Dave, thanks for your cheering for him - and I appreciate the help you were giving - And appreciate that you have also said that all those folders are unnecessary.

Youngbull - we (me included) want this to work for you - but, if necessary, I suggest you go back and watch the tutorial on linking pages and navigation a few more times. Just because a page is below another on the hierarchy doesn't mean it needs to have that page in the name.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Youngbull
        Sergeant

• Jan 2008

Good day to you too Bethers. Glad you're feeling better than last night. :3

i may have chosen a confusing way of making the website, but that's my choice to make, and a choice i made while still planning the website (which i had good time to do while waiting for the payment to be processed.) X3

and the tutorials i have watched about 5-10 times each, they are just not informational enough. they tell you what to do, not how.

i realized very early that the folders vere of no use (as i ended up with double the URL /gallery/gallery etc) so don't worry about them. :3

"You must have folders if this is a link:

/gallery is pointing it to a folder
        as is /anthro

you can't copy and paste them onto the pages you have to insert them using the image tool, or gallery feature"

i'm getting mixed signals here, cause i've already tried with folders, doing it that way only resulted in the earlier mentioned problem. :S

I hope we can work together to create my webpage Bethers, just don't remake it to something it isn't meant to be, ok? ^^

Comment

• judavvforum
          Major

• Nov 2007

Thank you, Beth for the kind words. Youngbull is so close to having it the way he wants it to be! I know how to tell him to fix the problem so that it turns out the way he originally wanted to navigate his site!

But, being a "minor" forum member I want to respect the ranking system! But, wow....it's really hard for me to keep quiet, when I see him so close!

Being a newbie myself; I know there are areas that I still need help in, but I have a pretty good understanding of linking and folder hierarchy. And there is one change (minor) that would make his "Love" nav-button, (on the "Gallery" page work. The other two nav-buttons could then be worked on!

Beth....May I offer this advice to him? As I said; I want to remain a member in good standing. The knowledge to be had here is enormous!

Comment

• Youngbull
            Sergeant

• Jan 2008

wisdom don't follow the ranks of men (or women) :P

Judavv, if you know something, speak. i would rather have a working solution than a confusing one. XD

Comment

• Marincky
              General

• Apr 2006

Dave, I do believe the floor is yours....
              Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• Youngbull
                Sergeant

• Jan 2008

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
                Dave, I do believe the floor is yours....
                ... may I have this dance? XD (temptation was too great)

Comment

• judavvforum
                  Major

• Nov 2007

Thank you Ramsey!

Youngbull...I do believe I understand the way you want to navigate your site. Let's take this one step at a time.

Open your bluevoda web builder and bring in your "gallery" web page.
                  Change the link on your "Love" nav-button to this:
                  http://www.youngbull.net/love.html Then save it to your hard drive as you normally do.

Then publish (use the publish button at the top of the BV web builder window.)
                  WARNING: be sure that the "publish dialog" popup window shows that it is going to be published into the "Public_html" folder!

Now check it online and see if the "Love" page comes up. Please let me know how it works.

Comment

• Youngbull
                    Sergeant

• Jan 2008

it worked, i tried the same with commission and anthro however, but they didn't work
                    EDIT: that was because i hadn't uploaded them lol!
                    EDIT2: well that solves the problem of how to find them. but i'd still prefer a url trace like /gallery/anthro... etc. :3 i'll leave it like this for the moment however.

Comment

• judavvforum
                      Major

• Nov 2007

Yeah, I know that! Now, bring into BV your "Anthro" page and publish to the "Public_html" folder, also. Do that with "Commissions" page, too.

If it happens to say that "you already have a file by that name. Do you want to over write it?" Say no!
                      It shouldn't, because I already know that you don't have those files in "Public_html" folder! They may be located somewhere else and if that message comes up; we don't want to put these pages into the folder wherever those pages are!!

Comment

• Youngbull
                        Sergeant

• Jan 2008

it works for the anthro and commission pages as well now.
                        the next step would be the image pages.

Comment

• judavvforum
                          Major

• Nov 2007

Exactly! The links will be http://www.youngbull.net/thepicsname.html for each pic.

Congratulations!! Now your server files are probably a mess after all this! But that can be fixed later! I'm happy I could help.

Just post for help if you need to. There's so much talent available here! Sometimes us newbies can't always understand simply because we haven't been through the process before.

Anyway, lot's of luck to you!

Comment

• Youngbull
                            Sergeant

• Jan 2008

thanks, but i already tried that. example:

don't find it :(

Comment

• Youngbull
                              Sergeant

• Jan 2008

fixed it, the link now works. i can figure the rest of them out on my own, but what still needs work is the contact form

Comment

• judavvforum
                                Major

• Nov 2007

Great! Forms are a little harder than linking, but there is plenty of assistance for forms in the "Forms" forum, just below this forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X