• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • willympsc
    Private

• Jan 2008

linking from subfolders

I need for someone to check my links. The pages that are on my root folder are working but not the pages in the subfolders. Can you not create html pages in subfolders and still have them link?
    molonymetalworks.com
  • LadyEye
    General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Re: linking problems from subfolders

Originally posted by willympsc View Post
    I need for someone to check my links. The pages that are on my root folder are working but not the pages in the subfolders. Can you not create html pages in subfolders and still have them link?
    molonymetalworks.com

You can do what you want to do but the problem occurs when you create so many folders you cannot find the right path or directory for your pages .

Unless your site is massive or is going to hold more than hundreds and hundreds of images, there is NO NEED to create extra folders.

HOWEVER, if you do then you must know where you created them and where to put your pages if you want these to be found in your directory ...

public_html is your main directory or what you have called root

so if you created a folder inside of this directory the path to this folder would be ....... public_html/nameoffolder

now if you created a page and wanted this page to be in this extra folder you created then you must publish this page to public_html/nameoffolder and then the link would be www.yourdomain.com/nameoffolder/nameofpage.html

If you think of your directorys as a filing system then you should be able to find the path of folders created and pages you published ..

However, like I say, extra folders are really not necessary unless you are going to have a massive site ...

You might be better off just creating a page and publishing it to public_html and then retrieving it via your domain name and name of page, just the same way you have created those pages that work ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• willympsc
      Private

• Jan 2008

I have a lot of images and needed to keep them organized by design so I created the folders. I design web pages for my company and am familiar with creating paths and I think I have named these paths correctly. How can I get someone to check the links for me?

Comment

• VodaHost
        General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

How can I get someone to check the links for me?
        You can check them by clicking on them, if they work they work...if they dont..they dont.....Ladyeyes advice is right on the money....no need for all those folders...plus...you named your pages wrong...and...your folders wrong....you used capital letters....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X