Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Menu Structure

Hi all,

I hope someone can assist. Somewhere in the last week my menu structures on certain pages of my site www.journeyintoafrica.co.za seem to have gone haywire. In some instances the order of the links on the drop down menu have changed and in other instances thay have spread onto the actual web page itself. Examples of these pages on mmy site if yo wanted to look are the Budget Camping Tours and Busget Cabin Tours, also the Guest Comments link on the menu structure.

I have tried to redo pages as well as republish them but it only seems to sort the problem out for a short while. If it does seem to fix that particular page I then notice others that the problem has spread to.

I have had the site up and working perfectly for about 8 months now so have no reason why this problem has suddenly developed.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Shaun

Re: Menu Structure problems

please be more specific..where exactly is the issue? how can we duplicate it? How can we see it?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Just try this for me: On those problematic pages, cut the menu. Then open the Edit menu and select Paste. Do not use any othe paste option or shortcut. Publish the page again and see if its okay.
      Bless you
      Tom

Comment

Thanks for the assistance but unfortunately it doesn't seem to have worked. The problem still persists as follows on my site www.journeyintoafrica.co.za

The menu structure on the left seems to lose some of the names for the menu to link. If you are on home page of the site and you then look on the menu structure to the left and click on either the Tailor Made Tours and About South Africa names you will see that on these pages a number of the names for the menu links are missing. I have tried to re-copy and paste and republish and if it fixes those pages it then changes some others at random.

This menu structure problem also seems to stretch into the actual page as you would see if you went onto the Namibia Tours link and then clicked on the page link for NAM2. The page gets into such a state that you can barely read what is going on.

This is a real matter of urgency as my entire buisness relies on this website working 100%. Any assistance will be very much appreciated.

Many thanks, Shaun

Comment

Re: Menu Structure

Hi Shaun,

What did you use to create your menu. Have you tried bringing the menu text to the front?

It looks to me that you have many pages. The way you have created your menu and have it dispayed on all your pages, will catch up with you and will cause multiple copy and paste efforts from your side if you make only one change.

I will now give you link that will allow you to ceate only ONE menu page and it will be reflected on all your pages. Initially it will be a lot of work for you as you need to publish all your pages as php and not html. But I will ensure you that you will have much less problems and work with this menu method as described by General Navaldesign here on the forums. Click here for his thread about a Single Menu Page.

Good luck.
          Bless you
          Tom

Comment

Working...
          X