Navigation Bar Text & Link Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navigation Bar Text & Link Order

I have (6) pages linked to my index.html with a vertical Navigation Bar which makes (7) total pages. The Navigation Bars appear the same on each page with the execption of the page that is currently active is not included in the Navigation Bar list. I have each page in the Navigation Bars labeled including "Home" for my index.html page. When I go to the published pages via the Navigation Bar the text lablels are incorrect and sometimes the order of the buttons are changed. The Alternate Text field that I duplicate for each button seems to remain correct however the Button Name text field is most often changed. I also do not know what the options in the Edit Button Target do as they (_blank, _self, _parent, _top) were not covered in the Navigation Bar tutorial. Please help me.

Re: Navigation Bar Text & Link Order

it would be easier if we could see the problem, but the index page is called index only, not index.html - to link to your home/index page, just use the website name - www.yourwebsitename.com
    All the other pages are labeled like this:
    www.yourwebsitename.com/aboutus.html
    or
    www.yourwebsitename.com/contactus.html
    hope you understand
    mrmagoo144
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Also, Hans, it would be better if you posted your question here as this room is for relaxing and we're not supposed to 'work' here.

You'll get more help in the appropriate forum. Post your url so we can see what's going on.

Good luck....
      Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Originally posted by Seattle Hans View Post
        I have (6) pages linked to my index.html with a vertical Navigation Bar which makes (7) total pages. The Navigation Bars appear the same on each page with the execption of the page that is currently active is not included in the Navigation Bar list. I have each page in the Navigation Bars labeled including "Home" for my index.html page. When I go to the published pages via the Navigation Bar the text lablels are incorrect and sometimes the order of the buttons are changed. The Alternate Text field that I duplicate for each button seems to remain correct however the Button Name text field is most often changed. I also do not know what the options in the Edit Button Target do as they (_blank, _self, _parent, _top) were not covered in the Navigation Bar tutorial. Please help me.
        Hi .. I think the reason your navigation bar is changing like this is because you are copying it from page to page, however, you are then changing it .. you cannot do this ..

It will be best if you make one navigation bar with all of your 7 pages on it, and then copy this from page to page - you then will not have this happening ..

If you do not want the link active for the very page you are on, you can do this by removing the link on that page only - but keep your navigation bar intact, the same on all of the pages.

As far as the target on those nav links ... you will likely only ever have need for using one of those and that would be _blank.

Leave this area empty unless you ever apply on your page, a link to an external website .. For this you would then apply the target to your link as _blank - this will open this link in a new window, doing so allows your website to remain open while they view the other website, when they close the other, your site will still be left open on their computer.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X