Icon-text link - cannot SEE it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icon-text link - cannot SEE it

I have been hesitant about posting as there appears to be thousands roaming the streets here.. However, I have just a short time (March 31st) to create this new website, redirect name servors, and save my bsn..
    SO, I am going to have to start asking a lot of questions..

I decided yesterday that by Monday eve, I want some pages at lease one or two DONE.. today I am practicing on text, images, use of hyper links etc.. just practicing..

QUES- I am going to use search engine friendly "text links" .. Watched the video carefully three times.. pausing it when it came to showing me where the "text link" icon was located... the video shows a click onto the lower left corner of the control panel, then a drop out menu, and then a click onto an icon that has small (blue) letters.. I do not have such an icon (or at least seem not to find it).. the video then shows an insert upon the page with blue LInk1, Link 2, etc.. I cannot find such a format in any of my tools??

Where is my error??

OK - here's an issue I have been scrambling my brain about.. Request #2 about being a voda Host customer brings this up..

I AM going to create a web site with BV.. This is a *******te website as my current host is pulling the plug on Mr. 31st.. I am scrampling to NOT lose my current business (traffic) .. as it is my ONLY income.. my current site is www.treetables.com

I am in the process of getting that name to "go daddy" have the authentication code, and it is unlocked,,, and have paid go daddy.. just need to get online at go daddy and finish it..

THEN, I understand that (correct me if i am wrong) but that the sequence of events (leading up to my ques here) is this.. First , I have to create all my new BV pages (or at least what i want to initially publish) and do this WITHOUT publishing... and whithout any ability to check my links for working (as if i read the forum correctly, there is no way to do that till publishing).. SO, i need to allow some time (prior to mr 31st to debug my web site..

Here is my confusion area here -- I am under the understanding that I need to have my domain name all ready before I publish RIGHT?
    That as soon as I publish, i must REDIRECT the name servors - (Is that right?) in order to SEE my new website??
    AND at that juncture,, ready or not... search engines will start to view the NEW web site??

and I guess all the above goes hand in hand with becoming a CUSTOMER?? help me out here.. what is the order of operations.. in getting this launched, and debugged.. without losing my current traffic from google and yahoo...

In the mean time... I'm practicing :))

thanks
    Kindest of Regards,

Just Mike
    www.treetables.com

Re: Icon-text link - cannot SEE it

Probably need to add this comment. My plan is to use the Single menu page ( a BV and PHP function) as described in this thread http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post204731

This, because it appears to be able to save a LOT of time by not having to change and republish every page every time you add or delete a page to your site.. I am trying to stay with the encouragments to study the tutorials and practice, practice practice .. (thus the orig. ques concerning where is my text icon, above)...
    But just in case -- perhaps if I am going to use this PHP / BV single menu page concept.. i don't need the text menu??

scrambling in the dark here... grasping at straws.. I'll stay AT it!!

:))
    Kindest of Regards,

Just Mike
    www.treetables.com

Comment

Mike,
      Your text link icon - looks identical to the one to use here for making a link in a post. Go into to write a reply - the 6th icon over is the text link icon. On BV, highlight the text you wish to make a link out of - then click that icon and put in the url, etc.

And yes, no matter how you make the pages, you need to create your links.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Mike
        It's a litte ab on the bottom of the tool bar. If not there, go to insert/extra and the same ab icon will be there. I'll go back and read your other questions to see if I can help with those.

Comment

And I apologize, I was only talking about how to insert hyperlinks - which can be done, but if you want to use the actual text link - on mine, it doesn't show either, have to go into Insert, Extra, as Dave describes above.
          Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi There If Your Looking For The Tex Icon On The Bottom Left You Will See Ab That Is The Tex Icon It Will Not Show Unless You Open A Page Good Luck
            sigpicJoe
            Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
            The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

jkadin, as I said in my post - it's not on mine and possibly not on his or others, etiher - but I can get to it from the Insert function.
              Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
              X