• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tumbleweed
    Sergeant

• Feb 2007

Pages not linking

Can't seem to get all my pages to link from menu bars on index page. Two pages will not come up in browser. My site is www.arlenegreenportraits.com. Also the page for "Oils" comes up with thumbnails missing but will open when clicked and one thumbnail shows the word "Pastels" and the Blue Voda symbol instead of the pic. What on earth have I done to deserve this? Help! Make it simple. I am a simple person!
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: Pages not linking

Hi, you have missed the S out on the end of your links.

On the missing images, I can only assume they might have been moved before publishing. Can on suggest previewing the page & possibly re-entering the images again for a re publish.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• tumbleweed
      Sergeant

• Feb 2007

Thanks, Chris
      I took the S off the links thinking that was the problem. I will replace them, but the links didn't work with them either. Will try republishing the images.

Comment

• Collectors-info
        General

• Feb 2006

Hi, if the links above are working, all should be ok. Worth checking to see if you are still bringing up a old page from your cache & are still getting the old links be before you changed the page. If it works in preview & all is ok, but not live from the server, this will be the reason.

Good luck.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Hi Arlene,

The photos you mentioned are missing are not missing at all.
          They are there but the size is too large and the loading is super slow.
          You have to optimized all your photos for the web by reducing the number
          of pixels in the photo to as low as possible without losing the quality of your painting visually. For me the magic number is below 100KB max for any large photo and it works fine loading is pretty quick. I would limit the size of any photo to a maximum of 600 x 800 pixels or 800 x 600 pixels.
          I however I prefer to use 600 height or 600 wide for all my gallery photos.
          www.siapamoyanganda.com/
          Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
          State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
          X