Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do I show consumers where they are in my site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do I show consumers where they are in my site?

Example of what I am asking about:

Web Hosting > BlueVoda Website Builder Forums > Hyperlinking - Making it all come together

1. What is the correct term for this example?

2. How do I get my pages to show "navigation trails" (because I don't know the proper term) like this example?

Thanks in advance for any help with this lack of knowledge on my part.
    Client ID 21833
    Karen Williams
    Your Belief is Your Reality

Re: how do I show consumers where they are in my site?

Originally posted by karenwms63 View Post
    2. How do I get my pages to show "navigation trails" (because I don't know the proper term) like this example?
    If you are using Blue Voda, you create them manually, as hyperlinked text. In many other foundations (carts, CMS, etc.) they are part of the configuration and are auto-populated based on the attributes of each page.
    This is what is referred to as a "hierarchy", or "hiergraphical navigation"...a style commonly called by other terms as well....

* See example here, both top and bottom of page (note that in this example at bottom of page, "position" within the navigation set is clearly obvious) : http://www.herodsislandtours.com/st_lucia_history.html

(and to have a little icon in front looks cool too > < so if you like the "folder" simply right-click and save image!)
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Karen,

In alot of builders thats called "Breadcrumbs" I think thats the term youve seen it under on your old site.

In BV, as Vasili says, you will have to create it manually.

There is a couple of javascript ones you might try.. just google it, but heres one i found

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks you guys, Vasili and Karen Mac!

I am so thankful for your help. Vodahost and its forum members are "Da Bomb"!

Still in the planning stages (and learning stages...lol), but soon will have something for everyone to see. :)

Once again, thank you.
        Karen Williams
        Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

Working...
        X