Copy And Paste Text Loses Hyperlink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy And Paste Text Loses Hyperlink

Using a text box, if I copy and paste text contating a hyperlink the hyperlink disappears from the pasted text. This is a real drag as I have to re-insert the hyperlink again, and I do a lot of copying and pasting!

Anyone else come across this? Am I doing something wrong?

Re: Copy And Paste Text Loses Hyperlink

Originally posted by AJ113 View Post
    Using a text box, if I copy and paste text contating a hyperlink the hyperlink disappears from the pasted text. This is a real drag as I have to re-insert the hyperlink again, and I do a lot of copying and pasting!

Anyone else come across this? Am I doing something wrong?
    This is how it goes... If you must copy and paste over links then the best thing to do is copy and paste the box and not the text within the box.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

I heard of this problem before. This is what I do now, say after three or four copy and paste, I just hit the pasted on over with the hyperlink, so its just like a fresh link. Hope this helps you out, since I use alot of hyperlinks.

joe www.anytime-figurines.com
      Last edited by jkadin; 04-05-2008, 04:13 PM. Reason: left off domain and name
      sigpicJoe
      Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
      The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
        This is how it goes... If you must copy and paste over links then the best thing to do is copy and paste the box and not the text within the box.
        That's not much cop Ramsey when I've got a 500-word article in the box!

Comment

Originally posted by jkadin View Post
          I heard of this problem before. This is what I do now, say after three or four copy and paste, I just hit the pasted on over with the hyperlink, so its just like a fresh link. Hope this helps you out, since I use alot of hyperlinks.

joe www.anytime-figurines.com
          Can you run that by me again please? Not sure what you mean.

Comment

A text box isnt meant to format html ..and a link is html. If you want to retain that formatting copy and paste to an html box.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
              A text box isnt meant to format html ..and a link is html. ....
              Not sure I understand what you mean Karen. this tutorial clearly shows text in a box being linked using the hyperlink button.

I don't understand the html box explanation, how is it going to help my situation? I'm guessing I haven't made myself clear. I'll try again:

I have a 500-word article written in one text box. A couple of the paragraphs contain hyperlinked text in the middle of them. I decide that I want an entire paragraph (one containing a hyperlink) to move from the beginning of the article to the end, so I cut and paste it. The pasted version goes where I want it to, but the hyperlink on the text disappears.

Comment

I've found a work-around; copy and paste the paragraph text that isn't hyperlinked into the appropriate place. There's more than one way to skin a cat!

Comment

Well yes you can format a hyperlink in a text box by adding the html code AFTER the fact, just like in the tutorial. If you look at your source code you will see that your LINK is formatted like so:

Code:
                  <a href="http://www.whateverdomain.com/page.html">What your LINK says here!</a>
                  You lose this formatting in cut and paste text to text format, it strips the coding. On the other hand, if you paste to an html box, you wont have this issue, and it will also retain all of your formatting including bolds, links, slideshows etc etc.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                  X