• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stephenb10
    Private

• Apr 2008

Need help please

Hi all

I am new to bluevoda and am trying to link pages together, i have watched the video but it seems linking is fairly difficult.

The problem i am having firstly is i have created some buttons but i can not highlight them at all so i can at least light up the link button, to try and start linking on the link page, all that happens is the button moves around when try to highlight it or brings up properties when clicking it. ( i can highlight written text though )

Also no idea how link to a page with the urls ? once the link page comes up.

Any help really appreciated !

Thanks
  • LadyEye
    General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Re: Need help please

Hi ...

Hi, double click your buttons and you will find their properties to apply the url for each link.

For every page that you create with blue voda, you will save and publish by a given name. The very first page of your website needs to be named, saved and published as index - all small letters.

Every other page can be named what you like, but will again need to be all small letters, no spaces between words unless the words are otherwise joined together by the use of the _symbol.

So, if you create a page named index and publish it .. you will find it by typing in http://www.nameofyourdomain.com

Now, if you create your next page and it is named *****s and you publish it ... you will find it by typing in http://www.nameofyourdomain.com/*****s.html

When typing the address of your page, you need to type .html after the name of the page.

Now when you name and save the page, you only do so by it's name - meaning you only ever save a page and publish it by the name - when you link to it or want to find it you must use - your domain name, the name of the page followed by .html

You will want to apply the same navigation to and from every page of your website.

If you like, you can have a read of a few tips I offer in this regard ....
    www.ladyeye.net/blue_voda_tips.html

One other thing, the files that you create and save on your computer are .bvp files - these remain on your computer, you don't ever apply the .bvp anywhere (that is merely it's file type) - the blue voda website builder converts these files when published to .html files - that is why you find them using .html

Good Luck!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• stephenb10
      Private

• Apr 2008

Hi thanks very much for the reply,
      Its a little clearer now although it may be to complicated for me ! and my have to use a different program as linking items and pages is much easier on some others. but will give it ago.

Thanks again

Comment

• LadyEye
        General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by stephenb10 View Post
        Hi thanks very much for the reply,
        Its a little clearer now although it may be to complicated for me ! and my have to use a different program as linking items and pages is much easier on some others. but will give it ago.

Thanks again
        ah!! Nothing too complicated here in VodaLand .. we will help you every step of the way .. stick with us! You will love it .. if you need further clarification, just post back ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X